Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My body simply cannot stretch any more!!!!

(6 Posts)
Shelium Fri 28-Sep-12 21:45:29

This is my second pregnancy, and I'm only 25 weeks, yet the discomfort I am feeling us immense.

I carry big in any event, but this time around my stomach feels so heavy, my back aches and the stretchiness of my body has gone. I literally feel like I'm going to burst! My skin isn't too bad, no stretch marks or anything (yet) - the feeling is more internal. Literally like my stomach will burst, somewhere above my tummy button.

I am not in pain, just discomfort. How on earth will I last another 15 weeks?! And why is this baby not sitting comfortably as it is my second?!

Dd was back to back throughout my last pg, but dies that have anything to do with this feeling?!

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 28-Sep-12 22:00:05

Personally I found it more uncomfortable when mine flipped back to back briefly earlier in the week, but I guess everyone's different. Do you moisturise or bio oil? I find that eases my discomfort.

I can't really offer anything but sympathy! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and my belly feels so stretched that I think baby may just pop out through my bellybutton and save me the worry of labour! sad

crackcrackcrak Fri 28-Sep-12 22:01:23

Get in the bath as often as you can and just hang in there. I was intensely incomfortable around that time but after 30 weeks I felt the baby move down quite a bit and I could eat and breathe again!

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 28-Sep-12 22:02:10

Oh it's not bloating or indigestion is it? Have you tried gaviscon?

PeppaTwig Sat 29-Sep-12 07:44:57

If its anything like I had, it'll feel like your tummy will split open! I found a good bump support really helps. I got it really badly at 25 weeks. I'm 32w now and mostly feeling much better. I am also very big!! grin
PS don't get a support from mothercare, it did nothing. Mind is from Jojo mama bebe and is great.

Shelium Sat 29-Sep-12 20:09:45

I do moisturise, but it doesn't seem to make any difference, it is like the stretching is somewhere deep inside - such an odd feeling, but sooo uncomfortable.

I am on constant gaviscon supplies, I wonder if that is making the discomfot worse? The heartburn/bloating I mean, not the gaviscon!

The bump support sounds sooo appealing, I wasn't even aware there was such a thing!! will google now. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now