Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Round ligament pain?

(7 Posts)
Corcrikeyermintrude Fri 28-Sep-12 19:11:16

Hello there,

Just looking for some reassurance really as I am a huge hypochondriac. I am 24 weeks pg (but measuring about 20 - 22 weeks for various reasons) and since about week 17 have been experiencing aching pain in the lower right side of my bump, around the top of the bikini line area. It's also tender to touch. It has been very bad sometimes or sometimes mild or non-existent but tends to be around for a good day or so, particularly when I've been active. I had something similar in the first few weeks of preganancy but then it subsided for a while.

My GP has not mentioned round ligament pain but tested for a UTI (negative) and mentioned scanning for ovarian cysts. She's going to write to my consultant about it. Having read about round ligament pain, however, does this sound like your experience of it? I'll bring it up with my consultant but was interested in others' experiences.

Thanks!

terilou87 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:21:58

hi, dont worry too much. i had pain in beginning of my preg around 8 weeks up to about 14 weeks and it was an ovarian cyst it stopped at 14 weeks and then at around 18 weeks i got the ligament pain it felt like it was in the same place and it felt like a simlar pain iv had it on and off all pregnancy now 34+2. i had a bump support to start with but had to stop wearing it because of spd but it did help.

Corcrikeyermintrude Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:57

Thanks terilous - do you mind me asking where you got your bump support?

terilou87 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:43:18

yeah i got it from mother care they do a few. x

Corcrikeyermintrude Sun 30-Sep-12 20:18:04

Shameless bump - just in case others have similar experiences to terilous and me!

Teapot13 Sun 30-Sep-12 21:46:25

I had it when I walked too fast. It stopped if I slowed down or stopped -- I didn't have to sit down even. I have heard it gets worse with each pregnancy and I think it is starting earlier now (16 weeks with DC2). Definitely get it checked out but if that's what it is, it's nothing to worry about AFAIK. Sounds like yours is affected by activity, too. Mine never lasted, and wasn't tender to the touch.

Corcrikeyermintrude Wed 03-Oct-12 21:09:39

Thanks teapot - apologies for delay in replying but I've been without internet for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now