Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nesting - can I clean oven when preggers??

(8 Posts)
KMR281 Fri 28-Sep-12 16:25:12

so, DH is away this weekend, so clearly I NEED to clean the oven - I have some Oven Mate - do you reckon it's safe to use, Im about 6months preg? So long as i have doors and windows open and don't actively inhale the stuff? I've just bought an oven liner (saddo emoticon) so want a nice shiny oven to put it in!

Also, just bought some dummies for baby! on offer in Asda, two packs for £6! made me go a bit 'awwww' - first thing have bought (this is dc 3, so have loads leftover from the first 2!).

Ta,
Kx

oscarwilde Fri 28-Sep-12 16:34:50

Impossible to clean an oven without sticking your head right in there. That stuff is horribly toxic. Can you go to B&Q for a face mask and some long gloves?

AliceHurled Fri 28-Sep-12 16:40:54

I wouldn't. I was very ill from smelling some bleach.

mrsbugsywugsy Fri 28-Sep-12 17:10:41

i wouldn't -pregnancy is the perfect excuse to make dp do it instead. put your feet up and eat chocolate instead smile

OctoberOctober Fri 28-Sep-12 17:11:08

Just got ours professionally cleaned, looks lot better and no danger of fumes grin

KMR281 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:32:23

sigh - so no ovencleaning for me?! I totally must be nesting! might try bicarb and lemon juice... thanks for the answers - I'll be forced to put my feet up perhaps... ;-)
xx

milkyjo Fri 28-Sep-12 23:32:06

Pregnancy is my excuse for not doing it!

whatsoever Sat 29-Sep-12 00:40:29

Must admit, I did mine yesterday and junior seems fine - if not more active than usual.

I think, like with most pungent chemicals, you'd have to use them rather a lot to cause a problem. One oven cleaning sesh is very unlikely to harm your baby.

Otherwise all pregnant women (especially single ones) would have to have pretty mucky houses - and I'm no clean freak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now