Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

being really flippin ditsy!

(8 Posts)
victoriassponge Fri 28-Sep-12 11:31:08

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Since being pregnant I have acquired myself no less than 4 parking tickets!! All for reasons which could have been avoided if I had been more on the ball (SUCH stupid reasons)

Since we are currently living off one wage and I only qualify for stat mat allowance, we REALLY cant afford for me to keep doing this. DH is going nuts with me. All I can do is shrug, say sorry and challenge the parking ticket - its getting ridiculous.

Am I the only preg person not quit firing on all cylinders here...? confused

Spice17 Fri 28-Sep-12 12:16:26

Not at all. I reversed my car the other day and kept reversing instead of driving forward, was about 5 mm away from another car, so ran back into the house and told DH there was something wrong - he just got in and drove forward and I was like 'Oh, right, of course!'

I also drove his company car on my mums hen do in July, got in at the end of the night to take her home and car wouldn't start (because I had totally forgotten which pedals to press and how to drive!) Was panicking and almost at the point of calling the RAC when my brain slowly engaged........

Spice17 Fri 28-Sep-12 12:17:06

PS - Have just made a victoria sponge!

Gingerpanther27 Tue 02-Oct-12 15:43:50

I managed to lock myself out and didn't even notice lol until one of my flat mates called me and drove down with them (I was 2 miles away at this point) blush

AlisonDB Tue 02-Oct-12 19:17:23

I walk up the stairs for things half way up forgetting what i want,
I have put the sugar bowl in the fridge,
I loose convrsation half way through a sentence,
I have left the house closing the door behind me,
Then remember the keys are on the stairs,
I've put food in the oven & forgotten to switch the oven on (thankfully i havent yet forgotten to turn it off)
I put my oldest son in time out then wonder why hes being so quiet!

Honestly if i wasnt pregnant i would seriously be thinking i had dementia!!!

nenehooo Wed 03-Oct-12 07:41:16

I got into a scrape with a parked car yesterday... Thought I'd just clipped the wing mirror until I got home and there was red paint the ENTIRE LENGTH of my car... How the hell did I miss that?! blush luckily it happened just round the corner from home so I waddled ran back to the car and knocked on people's doors to try to find owner. Couldn't find them and got myself in such a state that two lovely ladies pulled over and got out of their car as the saw me squatting (writing my details on a piece of paper) and crying hysterically... They thought I was in labour! DH got home, wiped - yes that simple! - the paint off both cars and I realised how stupid I'd been to stress myself out so much. Sorry baby!!! Still waiting for a call from other car owner and slightly worrying they'll be pissed off with me tho...

PrincessSymbian Wed 03-Oct-12 07:44:29

Yes, I remember the phenomena of baby brain very well. Wandering out of Woolworths without paying for the wrapping paper in my hand, sigh. I did go back when my brain kicked into gear!

PrincessSymbian Wed 03-Oct-12 07:46:31

Omg! My post did the linky thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now