Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Saving ultrasound pics

(19 Posts)
ninipops Fri 28-Sep-12 09:24:50

Anyone out there had any success saving ultrasound pics? I have seen some suggestions online re scanning them but am nervous in case this ruins them. Onto DC3 now and would like to have some way of displaying 12 wk and 20 wk scans for all three. All suggestions welcome!!

I'm not sure about scanning but I'm pretty sure laminating will ruin them. Personally I'd photocopy them, file the originals somewhere safe (we've got ours in a baby book) and then display the photocopies.

I'm pretty sure I've seen special frames for them but it took me a good 30 seconds to read the font that said "our scan" so perhaps not a great idea! How about one of those frames split into 3?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 28-Sep-12 09:39:21

Take a photo of them with a digital camera.

Do not expose originals to any heat (radiators, scanning etc) as they are printed on thermal paper.

kellestar Fri 28-Sep-12 10:00:46

Oddly I scanned mine and they were fine. I have a flat bed scanner, would that make a difference.

My brother took photos of the scans, they came out a little blurry, but weren't too bad.

WheresMyCow Fri 28-Sep-12 10:02:15

I scanned mine too (flat bed scanner) and they're fine.

CakeBump Fri 28-Sep-12 10:12:56

I took photos of mine digitally and then stuck the originals in a baby book.

mrsbugsywugsy Fri 28-Sep-12 17:16:07

i scanned mine and they're fine, i had no idea you weren't supposed to

Orenishii Fri 28-Sep-12 17:29:21

I scanned mine and they were fine - emailed them to family smile

Then I framed the originals - after spending about 8 months looking for a frame that fit them. Nowhere makes square frames!

MrsKitty Fri 28-Sep-12 17:34:05

Absolutely DO NOT laminate them. <sad voice of bitter experience>

MaMaPo Fri 28-Sep-12 17:47:43

I have scanned mine OK - my doctor advised me to do so as they will inevitably fade over time.

DonnaDoon Fri 28-Sep-12 17:59:08

I photocopied mine and still have the original perfectly in tact been kept in photo album all these years DS1 now 16 shock

terilou87 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:26:03

i have my scans in my photo album oldest is 6 years old now and still as clear as the day i had them took. i have not took photo copies or anything like that. smile

zigwig Fri 28-Sep-12 19:37:38

Scanning is fine. I scanned mine too. It's the heat that wreaks them, so don't leave it in the sun either!

LonelyCloud Fri 28-Sep-12 20:53:07

DH scanned mine and they were fine.

NattyCraig Fri 28-Sep-12 21:09:56

Scanned all mine and all perfectly fine x

StateofConfusion Fri 28-Sep-12 21:52:55

Scanned mine aswell, no idea what kind of scanner its a huge HP thing that photocopys/scans/prints etc and they're all fine.

AlisonDB Sat 29-Sep-12 04:02:20

I scanned all mine, didnt know i shouldnt,
DS1 is now 5, and his are still intact,
and have just scanned DS2
no adverse reaction there either,

Scroobius Sat 29-Sep-12 08:43:17

The midwife specifically told me to scan mine as they start to fade like a Polaroid after a while. Definitely don't laminate though!

SavoyCabbage Sat 29-Sep-12 08:49:23

You can get cold laminators nowadays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now