Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does your bump pop?

(13 Posts)

Quite often when baby kicks it makes a pop sound. A bit like when your joints crack.

Is it just me?

fuckbadger Fri 28-Sep-12 08:51:38

I had this a lot with dc1, mw looked at me like this hmm when I asked her about it. It happened a few times with dc2 too, I have no idea what it was but I've read a few threads on here about it so it can't be that uncommon! Fwiw I had 2 straightforward pregnancies and healthy babies.

Mikyahrose Fri 28-Sep-12 09:10:11

YES! I've been thinking for ages that mines seems to pop. If my hand is there, i can feel it too. No idea what it is though and havent asked the mw about it. But it deffo does it.

Oh glad its not just me. I never had it with DD but this baby is more active and in a different position so maybe thats why I get it this time.

Its so odd. I was having visions of giving birth to a baby with broken legs or something.

Elsqueak Fri 28-Sep-12 13:47:15

Yes! It's very common apparently (loads of conversations on here about it) but there seems to be no definitive explanation. My MW had no idea. I do find it odd that 1st pregnancy had none of this but 2nd has been constant popping and clicking!
Would love to know what it is!

Purplehulk Fri 28-Sep-12 13:56:47

I had this with DD2. I was worried I might have broken her! But the radiographer assured me that as you can't break a matchstick in a bag of water(!!) as its protected by the fluid, you can't break baby's bones. I'm quite a clicky joints person and I noticed in the first couple of months after she was born that she too had clicky shoulders. GP was not worried and it's disappeared now.
HTH!

SkinnyMarinkADink Fri 28-Sep-12 14:38:56

If it is what i am thinking of i had it with dd all the time and it used to drive me potty, midwife said that it was the baby having hick ups.

I feel the baby hiccuping too but this is different.

Mikyahrose Fri 28-Sep-12 18:26:10

Same here - it's definitely a different feeling to the hiccups.

Popping is the only way i would describe it - it like there is air bubbles in there, would the baby have trumpy wind?

Is there any air in the sac at all? I never thought so.

DP thinks its the fluids slopping about. But its such a clear pop I dont think its that either.

Mikyahrose Sun 30-Sep-12 13:00:24

I dunno, but thinking about it logically probably not.

But the babies can get hiccups in there?

Hiccups are just the diaphragm contracting. And their lungs are full of the fluids so I guess thats now hiccups can happen.

Mikyahrose Sun 30-Sep-12 18:38:50

Well, i have no idea then. Just that it pops. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now