Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unborn Baby Nicknames

(94 Posts)
Jojoba1986 Thu 27-Sep-12 19:31:04

Just wondering what everyone calls their unborn babies? I'm struggling to think of something cute/fun other than what we called DS & don't want to use 'it'! Any suggestions?

Mammy2Be Thu 27-Sep-12 21:35:56

Ours is Larry, as in 'happy as...'

GrandPoohBah Thu 27-Sep-12 21:36:54

The Wriggler. Or just Wriggler.

DSS thinks that Fidget would actually be a good name for her though. We may need to have a conversation about that at some point confused

Tugstonia Thu 27-Sep-12 22:52:27

Bun or Bunny smile

MsHighwater Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:47

Wayne. We are Scottish. Did not use it for DDs middle name.

Badgerina Thu 27-Sep-12 23:11:46

Badger cub.

edinfirst Thu 27-Sep-12 23:14:15

Bumpkin

Tried to suggest to DH that we use the unusual (as in over my deadbody are we ever calling our child that) name of his all time hero as I know he's going to suggest that as a real name, but he wasn't for that and once I used the name bumpkin it just kinda stuck. Hadn't thought of it sticking around post-birth but I love the idea! Having a name to use makes us feel we are starting to bond with the baby, and thinking about using it later with a real little bundle is so lovely.

TodaysAGoodDay Thu 27-Sep-12 23:16:17

Mine was Teabag. As in he wasn't done yet, he was just brewing grin

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 27-Sep-12 23:20:25

Ds1 was Bernard. Bernard the baby. Bernard the bump. Dses 2 and 3 didn't get the same treatment but none of them are actually called Bernard.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Fri 28-Sep-12 00:09:07

DC1 was Pip-even the community midwife wrote it in his notes on our first day home smile DC2 was Pob because I felt so slobbery in the first few weeks. DC3 is Ted, named after the sweary, naughty teddy bear in a recent film of the same name as I seem to be swearing somehow more than usual grin

Bicnod Fri 28-Sep-12 00:13:48

DS1 was ginger Judas

imperialstateknickers Fri 28-Sep-12 00:16:08

I knew I had twins. They were Thing1 and Thing2. (I'm the eldest of seven and hadn't long stopped listening to bedtime stories myself, in fact I'd been co-opted into reading them out loud quite a few times.)

bitgoldbutstillbewildered Fri 28-Sep-12 00:21:02

DD was Splodge which somehow changed to Skembleton Pink when she was born. Now often Skem / Skembone. DS was Splodge too and his changed at birth to variations on Frodo Baggins.

confuddledDOTcom Fri 28-Sep-12 00:33:09

We had Herbie, Bean, Ollie, Peppa, FiFi and now Brave (can you tell who named the last three?)

I felt a little bad because all my American friends thought we'd called her Peppa and I had to explain blush

PeshwariNaan Fri 28-Sep-12 06:00:55

We don't nickname - doesn't feel right for us. We say "the baby" or, now that we think we know the sex, "her."

nooka Fri 28-Sep-12 06:13:19

I don't think that we had a name for dd, but dh called ds-bump 'fetuskins' through all my early pregnancy. I think it slightly worried other people!

DoodleBugBee Fri 28-Sep-12 07:50:01

Started as The Lentil (size of it when we found out we were pg, also easier to refer to it with The, less personal). Now called Ripley (as in Alien).

marriednotdead Fri 28-Sep-12 07:57:09

DS was the Rennie monster- worst heartburn ever!

Wiggy29 Fri 28-Sep-12 08:53:09

We had little Bean and then our 'Bean' named this bump 'Pea'.

panicnotanymore Fri 28-Sep-12 08:59:06

Froglet.... because the scan pictures look very froglet like. Poor baby... grin

Mikyahrose Fri 28-Sep-12 09:06:05

Ours is Pablo. We were told at the 12 week scan that it had been a twin pregnancy, but the other didnt make it, so we called that one Whitney (it was around the time of Whitneys death) Bad taste i know, but hey ho. smile

Tadpole - still gets called that now at 6 months!

Cacacaz Fri 28-Sep-12 10:30:03

Jellybean or Disco baby. Jellybean because after an early scan my midwife said baby looked like a little Jellybean. Disco baby because baby likes to kick, mainly at night keeping me awake!

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Fri 28-Sep-12 10:33:00

Little terror or tiny person

but it was a flump too when it was all squidgey and not as wriggly

mistresspenguin Fri 28-Sep-12 10:35:45

Niceupthedance how funny. Our little one was called Wulfie when I was pregnant after we saw the name Wulfstan on wall in St Pauls. Then when he came out we couldn't agree on another name, so he got it as a middle name too. He's still called that rather than his 'real' first name. What a coincidence!
We haven't called the current bump anything, in case the poor child ends up with something odd as a real name again!

Frootloopz Fri 28-Sep-12 12:16:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now