Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Any advice for leg cramps...............???

(12 Posts)
Boop33 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:17:36

I'm 34 +4 and have started to get cramping in my right calf when i sit down on an evening. I don;t normally suffer with cramp so not sure what to do it verges between really annoying to really quite painful ...to the point where i cannot sit still ! Any advice much appreciated ............

xxxx

ContinentalKat Thu 27-Sep-12 17:30:02

You could take a magnesium supplement for now, but you have to stop in 2-3 weeks time because soon you will want some muscles to contract!

Boop33 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:42:47

yes that's true .........I've tried massage , warm baths and generally jumping up and down of all which only work for a matter of minutes :-( x

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Thu 27-Sep-12 17:59:26

I heard that tonic water is supposed to help but you might want to check with your mw.

I found that doing regular calf and leg exercises (luckily) the cramps stopped.

BikeRunSki Thu 27-Sep-12 18:04:40

Magnesium tablets worked for me.

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 27-Sep-12 18:06:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

3mb Thu 27-Sep-12 18:13:23

I always get them during the night. I always attempt to get to the cold bathroom floor and stretch through the pain! Tried everything else nothing else works for me!

Boop33 Thu 27-Sep-12 18:23:19

thanks all ...yep also eating lots of bananas and drinking lots of water ..............just plain annoying :-( just hoping it won;t continue for the next 5 weeks ...........

xx

Pinkflipflop Thu 27-Sep-12 18:25:01

I'm 21 weeks and the leg cramps I get a night are horrific! I eat a banana every day and do pregnancy yoga, any other suggestions?

I wake dh up every night with a scream as it is so unbearable.

Poor dh blush

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 27-Sep-12 18:25:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poppy283 Thu 27-Sep-12 18:28:11

I got these at night, to get rid of it I would sit on the edge of the bed and put my footflat against the wall, then try and push the wall over by pushing my foot really hard against it.

terilou87 Thu 27-Sep-12 19:57:52

hi boob i'm currently 34+1 and i know how you feel iv been the same for the last week and didn't know there was anything you could do about it. soo glad you made this post mite find something to help with it. i woke up screaming the other night dh thought i was going in to labour his face was a sight grin i read somewhere that if you point your toes up it eases the cramp but iv got to say it kills to do it. hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: