Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help me!!! Getting desperate I need a dress

(9 Posts)
Nicky1306 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:17:06

Hi,

I have a christening to go to on Sunday and need to order a dress to wear! I can't find one I like or one that doesn't make Me look huge anywhere! I went shopping with my mum on Monday and tried loads of non maternity ones on ( just went a size up) but they just didnt look right. Loosing the will now, it's a really good friends christening and I'd like to look nice, fed up of looking/feeling fat

Would really appreciate some links! Thanks
Moan over !
xxx
X

HappySurfWidow Thu 27-Sep-12 17:26:24

Not sure what your budget is, but have you tried Seraphine.co.uk? They have nice stuff that could be good.

What about George at Asda, my sister got a few nice maternity dresses for special occasions from there...

ASOS.co.uk seem to have plenty of dresses in their maternity range at the moment, so definitely look there.

Otherwise there's Isabella Oliver but that is pretty pricey!

Goodluck!

HaveALittleFaith Thu 27-Sep-12 17:27:46

Where have you looked?

I really like this one, I know someone who said it fitted really well!

Boop33 Thu 27-Sep-12 18:28:32

have you tried YUMI - they hve lovely dresses which - although not mat- are loose fitting and have nice detailing on - plus you can wear afterwards too :-)
xx

emzypoo Thu 27-Sep-12 18:30:27

Asos have sme really nice maternity ones I went to a wedding recently and found a lovely lace one in asos that wasn't expensive and it was realy flattering x

HelenofSparta Thu 27-Sep-12 18:59:05

Tiffany Rose? My brother is getting married this weekend so I am wearing one. (They are always on eBay if you fancy it a bit cheaper)

panicnotanymore Thu 27-Sep-12 19:08:54

Topshop on-line is great, as not too expensive and the clothes are much less frumpy than most maternity lines. I bought a little black dress for a special meal out and it hung in a way to make me look pregnant and pretty rather than fat. Result!

Runningblue Thu 27-Sep-12 19:40:49

Had a horror trying to find an occasion dress for a wedding recently, and found a lovely dress at asos maternity- this one!http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Midi-Dress-With-Double-Layer/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2431063&cid=8343&Rf981=3679&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Darkfushia

Massives of choice on there, free delivery and free returns which is pretty unusual too.

Runningblue Thu 27-Sep-12 19:41:24

Sorry www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Midi-Dress-With-Double-Layer/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2431063&cid=8343&Rf981=3679&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Darkfushia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now