Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got a few weeks to go and not feeling ready?

(6 Posts)
sarahpip Thu 27-Sep-12 16:56:35

38 weeks, and I don't think I have had any braxton hicks, bump still feels high, no sickness or suchlike, in fact am feeling generally ok apart from being mahusive. I suppose I had just expected to get at least some 'signs' I was getting nearer the time. Perhaps I am just going to be pregnant forever!!!
Does anyone feel the same?? confused

cheesymonster Thu 27-Sep-12 17:28:23

Hi Sarah. I'm due a week tomorrow and feel like - it's still not real or something, it's weird. DH thinks my bump has dropped and I've definitely felt more pressure in my bladder but my bump's quite small so I think it's hard to tell. I was expecting more "signs" like you say. Saw my MW tuesday and she said "so I'll book you in for oct 9th, you'll be 40+4 unless of course you've had the baby in which case I'll come to your house." I felt like "oh shit I'm really having a baby". It's my first so I'm a little overwhelmed...

mummy2benji Thu 27-Sep-12 18:17:07

I'm 36 weeks with second preg, and although I seem to be getting lots of BH this time round (probably my body protesting at picking up a 3 and a half year old and not resting!) I didn't get a lot of warning with ds. He came 3 days early - got up to go to the loo at night, climbed back into bed and whoosh, waters broke everywhere! (I recommend those maternity pads you put on the bed...) I don't think you ever feel completely prepared for baby arriving. Even if you have everything ready, it is hard to imagine meeting that wriggly little person who is currently your bump! I've been so occupied with ds starting school, working until last week, and hubby revising for exams (timing...) that I feel like I've barely had a chance to register that I'm having another baby soon - that scares me quite a bit, as I felt more prepared for it last time.

Mikyahrose Thu 27-Sep-12 19:17:55

I completely feel like this. I'm 40+9 today, and got my induction booked for Monday, but i still cant believe its real. I dont even know how to hold a baby, let alone look after one!
I dont think my bump has dropped and the mw yesterday said he wasnt engaged - although she could feel his head during the sweep.
There's a pic on my profile of me at 38 or 39 weeks too - a very high up, long looking bump i think.

Mikyahrose Thu 27-Sep-12 19:20:21

i'm actually 39+5 on the picture. smile

elizaregina Thu 27-Sep-12 19:29:16

yep, about 4 weeks to go and all feels totally surreal - not happening - cant imagine what she will look like - how DD1 will be - what will happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now