Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else think they are starting to go mad?

(19 Posts)
milk Thu 27-Sep-12 16:27:58

Seriously every time I feel a twinge or an ache I'm getting all excited thinking "ooh, is this it?!?" to the point that I think I'm starting to go mad sad Anyone else nutty like me?

milk Thu 27-Sep-12 16:28:08

I'm 39+2 btw smile

I had rib pain the other night and was thinking mad thoughts...Im 34+6 grin

Goldrill Thu 27-Sep-12 16:32:50

38 today. Not normally prone to things like this, but every twinge is being very carefully analysed. I felt a bit sick earlier (not at all having to do with eating too much lunch, of course) and was sure it was a "sign".

DD1 was 2 weeks late - who am I kidding!

littleredmonkey Thu 27-Sep-12 18:22:38

I am 39 weeks today and my sleep in shocking. I keep thinking my waters will break in the middle of the night and the same as you every pain could be it. I think as we are getting so close to our due dates the anxiety grows and grows. Night time is the worst, but those little babies have to come out sometime xxx

milk Thu 27-Sep-12 18:35:44

At the moment I can't tell if I'm having contractions (approx every 15mins) or if I'm about to do a poo blush I feel so silly!

Oh milk! That was what I felt like when I went into labour with DD.

Have you felt off all day but as the day goes on it comes in waves?

milk Thu 27-Sep-12 18:59:40

Yes. Still getting what I think are contractions every 13-15 mins... we shall see...

Good luck smile

Mikyahrose Thu 27-Sep-12 19:09:09

I just feel miserable now. At 40+9 i'm ready. Had a little cry earlier - dont even know what over.
Induction booked for Monday, so not to wait now. smile

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Thu 27-Sep-12 19:13:55

Milk I'm the same!

Keep on thinking I'm having a contraction then just pass wind! The DH thinks it's hilarious!

ganglygiraffe Thu 27-Sep-12 19:21:27

I'm 37+4 and haven't felt anything! Not a dicky bird! Baby's head is still free and it doesn't seem like she is coming anytime soon.

I'm envy of people having braxton hicks or 'tightenings'. The most I've had are a few period type pains which have just been me needing to fart blush

Good luck Milk I've got my fingers crossed for you butnotmy--legs

ganglygiraffe Thu 27-Sep-12 19:23:37

but not my legs

milk Fri 28-Sep-12 07:22:27

The contractions got to around 10 mins apart, then I fell asleep at around 9:30pm and they haven't been back since :P

newtonupontheheath Fri 28-Sep-12 07:27:54

Oh me! <signs in> 39+5 today (40 by my own dates... Even worse!)

(Driving) to the supermarket is possibly the only place I've been "allowed" to go on my own all week- mother has accompanied me everywhere else as if I'm about to give birth.....NOW!!

Last labour was 6 hours and I keep thinking- if it starts now, I could have a baby by x o'clock.... But I could also wait another 2 weeks!!

Urgh and that stop start thing is annoying. Had it every 10mins for two hours Sunday night. And nothing sad

funchum8am Fri 28-Sep-12 07:31:00

Glad it's not just me with the farting/contraction confusion issue (40+8)!

Goldrill Fri 28-Sep-12 12:28:41

Milk: I sympathise. I twanged a ligament under my bump on Monday and it set off braxton hicks - kept going for several hours and were 7 mins apart and 30 seconds long by that evening. And then they stopped and I haven't had one since! (am also not convinced it was a ligament - I think MW was just being nice and didn't want to say it was just wind!)

I would like a little red light in the middle of my tummy which switches on when actual labour is actually starting. In fact, a countdown timer would be even better.

Goldrill Fri 28-Sep-12 12:31:31

I have resigned myself also to thinking that from now on all days are equally likely/unlikely, and that I will definitely have had baby within the next 28 days.

I'm still working for another week or so, mostly for the sheer entertainment value of seeing the terror on colleagues' faces whenever I have a twinge. Priceless!

Spice17 Fri 28-Sep-12 13:09:06

Totally, 39 weeks tomorrow and every stomach rumble or twinge of any kind and I'm on red alert!

Keep getting stomach aches/upsets (which I'm used to because of having IBS) but because of my stomach being shoved up, it feels in a different place and I'm forever wondering if it's contractions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now