Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Massive bump! sick of being asked the same monotonous questions. Any one else considering telling people they aren't pregnant to shock them?

(6 Posts)
itsallinmyhead Thu 27-Sep-12 15:41:09

I'm not looking for any support or advice.

I just thought I'd start a thread talking about how you're experiencing or have experienced other people's reactions to your bumps.

I'm 30 weeks pg with my DC2 & was showing from as early as 8 weeks.

I know people don't mean to put their foot in it, however I'm sick of being asked if; I'm expecting twins, if my DS1 is 'big' or bearing witness to the sharp intake of shocked breath when the inquisitor is informed I'm not as far on as my massive boy bump suggests.

What happened to keeping things pleasant with pg women & instead of asking questions that might upset them just tell them they are blooming?

I say those of us with massive bumps tell those people who ask that we aren't pg....imagine their faces? grin

GobblersKnob Thu 27-Sep-12 15:44:47

Oh I used to, a couple of times I even did a 'Pregnant? how very dare you'.

Do it, it will put a smile on your face grin

GobblersKnob Thu 27-Sep-12 15:48:37

Meant to add in the style of Catherine Tate, 'Who dear? Me dear? No dear'

Naoko Thu 27-Sep-12 15:50:52

A stupid question merits a stupid answer. When taking one of our pet rats to the vet DP was accosted by some half drunk lout who exclaimed 'is that a rat?!' DP informed him that actually, no, it was a speciallly bred miniature badger. Very rare, difficult to keep too.

Apparently the look on the guy's face was absolutely worth it. I suspect similar entertainment could be had with these pregnancy questions grin

dinkystinky Thu 27-Sep-12 15:57:20

I used to say "Nope, just felt like sticking a space hopper down my top"

If people really annoyed me, I threatened to sit on them

It made me feel better

Sosmum Thu 27-Sep-12 16:09:19

I'm with you on this one! I'm 34 weeks and yesterday while dropping dd at school I had four different people stop me and exclaim how big I am, surely I must be about to drop, am I sure there isn't one hiding in there??!!

Yes, I'm big, I know that but really??!!

My partner has replied in the past that I'm not pregnant - just eaten a lot!! It does seems that is ok to tell pregnant ladies that we are huge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now