Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I am so knackered - please help!

(5 Posts)
EddieIzzardIsOrange Thu 27-Sep-12 14:55:38

I am just preganant with DC2 (about 4 and a half weeks) and I am so so tired! I literally cannot follow any trains of thought or finish sentances, my eyes are constantly trying to close and all I can think of is when I can next go back to bed! Thats not normal is it? I know you obviously get tired when pregnant but this tired? Or this early? I had no symptoms with DS (now 20 months) until 9 weeks and even then it was being sick rather than this...we havent told anyone yet either so have to try and get my act together for work
Any ideas of how to get past this? Other than sleep more which I'd love to but with a toddler and a job isnt going to happen!

mummy2benji Thu 27-Sep-12 15:10:10

I seem to remember feeling whacked and generally rotten for the early few weeks but the tiredness did improve quite quickly. One thing though, it might be worth asking your GP if they can check your iron level and full blood count just in case you're feeling so exhausted because your iron is low - very common in young women regardless of whether pregnant or not. I totally empathise with having a toddler and job also! (35+5 now and ds is 3 and a half). It's not easy! Hope you feel better soon x

itsallinmyhead Thu 27-Sep-12 15:14:15

Your first trimester will take every ounce of energy you have, as you're building your placenta.

However, I'm 30 weeks pg & felt the same as you describe from the off. I've been under investigation by my gp due to it & after lots of blood tests i've been diagnosed with anaemia & an underactive thyroid.

Ask your gp for investigatory bloods asap. I was only given a firm diagnoses at 29 weeks & have been dealing with these &SPD without treatment for the whole of my pregnancy.

Good luck!

SneezySnatcher Thu 27-Sep-12 17:29:02

I'm almost 13 weeks and I'm shattered. This is DC2 for me and I think it's much more tiring when you already have children.

When preg with DD I'd get in from work and go to bed/lie on sofa. This time, I get in from work, cook tea, get DD to bed, tidy up and then go to bed (and that is with DH doing more than his fair share at home). I know exactly how you feel!!! I am beginning to feel a bit better though (it helps that MS has gone too).

Runningblue Thu 27-Sep-12 19:51:07

I really feel for you, I am having the reverse now in preg#2 of how I felt first time around. To sum up, I said the words I've got an awful illness or I'm pregnant' and luckily it turned out I felt rotten tired because I was preg!
As a previous poster said, I did feel better as the placenta developed and took over my body doing all the hard work, but that was up to about 16 weeks.
I assumed I would be tired every day and factored in a rest at work, a main meal if I could in the day, and as early a night as would allow.
The added bonus of having another child to look after might mean you have to factor in a cbeebies/ film hour or two just so you can both chill out..

Incidently for me, with toddler in tow, and also despite having a mad busy job, I still feel better at 32 weeks than I ever did with dc1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now