Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

H&M maternity tights - they stay up!

(11 Posts)
MoragG Thu 27-Sep-12 13:18:16

Having spent last week pulling up a pair of Emma Jane maternity tights which had almost descended to my knees blush I was delighted to find that the pair I bought in H&M have stayed up with absolutely no problems. Not only that, but they also didn't ladder within an hour of putting them on as the Emma Jane pair did (even though they were 60 denier). Now on the hunt for a pair of over the bump jeans that will stay up!

BonaDea Thu 27-Sep-12 13:43:53

Excellent news. I found the Seraphine tights (john lewis) also stayed up no problems and have washed well...

TheCountessOlenska Thu 27-Sep-12 13:47:45

Excellent news! I shall head H&M way this afternoon - thanks

Yes my ASOS maternity jeans and leggings have been a disappointment - still on the hunt for good ones

kellestar Thu 27-Sep-12 14:29:14

Whats the sizing like? I nearly bought a pair, normally XL in m&s, but found their leggings very tight. Last time I went without tights, but could do with some this winter.

MoragG Thu 27-Sep-12 14:42:50

I got a medium pair (would normally wear small) and they are fine for fit. I suspect most people might need to go at least a size up on what they would be in e.g. M&S. I tried some H&M maternity jeans in my normal size and they were way too small

Threerogues Mon 12-Nov-12 20:58:18

Oh thank goodness, I spent today in the Jo Jo ones getting increasingly mortified in the office as they went south, HnM here I come.

2blessed Tue 13-Nov-12 04:29:30

I too can vouch for h&m mat tights - great buy and I was able to stick with my usual medium size

Brugmansia Tue 13-Nov-12 06:30:32

I like h&m tights too. They were both better than the ones from mithridate and cheaper. They have some really nice thicker cotton ones too which are very comfy.

TeaOperated Tue 13-Nov-12 06:56:29

H&M ones are amazing. I wear the XL as I'm both tallish (5'8) and prob a size 18 in the legs and the fit is fine.

The mothercare Blooming Marvellous 60 denier are also great.

The Emma Jane ones are horrendous!

butteroneverything Tue 13-Nov-12 09:45:46

Thanks, I'll be off to H&M later then...

About the jeans thing, have you tried New Look? I have some skinny-legged ones from there which are comfy and stay up, look fine and cost £15.99 I think!

PeshwariNaan Tue 13-Nov-12 10:20:25

Yep, H&M tights are very good. In fact I wish I'd done all my mat. clothing shopping at H&M. Their T-shirts, jumpers etc. are really high quality compared to JoJo (which costs a lot more!). If there is a next time, I'm doing H&M all the way and not bothering with anything more expensive.

I also got some very cheap T-shirts from New Look Maternity, but they don't hold a candle to H&M for quality...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now