Talk

Advanced search

How much (if any) exercise do you do?

(8 Posts)
Wuxiapian Wed 26-Sep-12 20:17:06

I'm 24 weeks and not sure I'm active enough.

I walk the dog for about 45 minutes a day, but still somehow feel I'm being lazy.

How much is enough?

Nicky1306 Wed 26-Sep-12 21:08:53

I walk to and from DD's school takes approx 45 mins in total each day x

Leftwingharpie Wed 26-Sep-12 21:51:53

Almost none. I was really active and full of good intentions for the first few weeks. Now I don't even take the stairs. Terrible mother.

ivanapoo Wed 26-Sep-12 22:45:00

First trimester: almost nothing. I felt too rough even to walk to work most days.

Second trimester: bit of swimming once a week, maybe twice and walk to work a few times a week (about a mile).

Third trimester: been really busy past month moving house and at work so not really done anything much, and feeling poo for it (currently 29 weeks). So I'm now trying to walk to and from work 2/3 times per week and swim a few times a month. It's not a lot but better than nothing. I think what you're doing sounds fine.

jenbird Wed 26-Sep-12 23:23:21

Started off well and maintained nearly normal routine of circuits and running for first 3 months. Between 12 and 30 weeks it dropped off due to tiredness, just walked dogs and swimming once a week. Currently 32 weeks and have gone back to the gym. Only doing 2 x per week for 45 mins but better than nothing. I also walk the dogs twice per day. Morning walk is generally slow with my 2 year old (about 30 mins) and evening is between 20 - 30 mins and a bit faster (but only 4 x per week). Would like to do more just simply don't have time.

PollyIndia Thu 27-Sep-12 07:23:37

Gym twice a week (just stationary bike and light arm weights) then preg yoga twice a week. And I try to walk every day.

I have been doing this since 35 weeks. Before that I was exercising as normal really - running, dynamic yoga, reformer Pilates. I miss it!! I am still feeling ok at 40 weeks (today!) and am sure keeping active has helped. But I am a FTM. Not sure how you would have time or energy for exercise if you already have other children!

stowsettler Thu 27-Sep-12 11:45:55

Pregnancy yoga x 1 per week
Gym x 1-2 per week
Zumba x 1-2 per week
Mutt walking - every bloody day for about 45 mins (no really I love them and enjoy our walks).

I really struggled in first trimester and probably only did a bit of swimming and dog walking. Am 20 weeks now and have been fine with exercising pretty hard since about 14 weeks. I expect I'll have to scale back, at least in intensity, in about 6 weeks.

The only thing I've given up is running - and that's because I was so knackered in first tri to do any. So, by the time I felt ok again I was advised not to go back to it until after the birth.

MrsJohnDeere Thu 27-Sep-12 12:37:34

Two hour walk with the dog 3 or 4 times a week.
1 hour walk on the others days.

Trying to exercise as much as I can for as long as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now