Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hand holding, hair stroking and positive thoughts needed.

(19 Posts)
chubbymummy Wed 26-Sep-12 19:48:16

I've just discovered I'm pregnant after 5 years of trying, 2 missed miscarriages and fertility treatment.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as I'm high risk of another miscarriage and to make matters worse I'm just getting over a bad bout of flu. I did a test tonight fully expecting it to be negative. My period was due any time, but for the last few days I've been having cramps and bleeding lightly (not red, more brown with small clots - sorry tmi). Of course I didn't believe the results, even though it was a clear line so I did a second test which also showed positive.
I'm going to contact the hospital tomorrow to arrange an early scan but I know it will be too early to see a heartbeat yet.
I'm a nervous wreck and my emotions are everywhere. I'm terrified that I'm going to lose another baby, yet at the same time I've got baby names running through my head and I've mentally decorated the nursery. I can't concentrate on anything other than being pregnant, aargh I wish I could just switch off my brain! This feels like my last chance to have another child and it means everything to me!
Please cross your fingers/ send me positive vibes/ say a prayer or hold my hand. Please let everything be alright!

picnicbasketcase Wed 26-Sep-12 19:50:13

You are in my thoughts and my fingers are crossed for you. Good luck and best wishes.

poppy283 Wed 26-Sep-12 19:50:19

Fingers crossed for you chubby x

coronalover Wed 26-Sep-12 19:52:25

Congratulations, positive vibes on the way to you now thanks

Andromaca Wed 26-Sep-12 19:54:57

Good luck chubbymummy, here some thanks

shalo2 Wed 26-Sep-12 19:57:11

Aww congratulations! You must be shellshocked! It's hard to have gone through what you have been through but try and think new pregnancy fresh start. Good luck! Xxxxx

chubbymummy Wed 26-Sep-12 19:58:04

Thanks ladies. I haven't told anyone in real life (except DH of course) so your support means a lot!

AlmostAGoldHipster Wed 26-Sep-12 19:58:21

Fingers crossed for you here xx

Taffeta Wed 26-Sep-12 20:00:28

Congratulations and all best wishes.

Nicky1306 Wed 26-Sep-12 21:07:46

Congratulations! X

Badgerina Wed 26-Sep-12 22:25:36

Oh I'll cross my fingers for you! smile

Congratulations - I really hope this is it smile

cynner Wed 26-Sep-12 22:27:02

Sending lots of good vibes for a sticky bean..xx

DyeInTheEar Wed 26-Sep-12 22:37:36

Hope you manage to sleep well. Keeping everything crossed for you.

PollyIndia Thu 27-Sep-12 07:30:46

Also keeping everything crossed fr you xx

chubbymummy Thu 27-Sep-12 20:38:33

I spoke to somebody from the hospital on the phone this morning and they sent me to the BEP clinic (Bleeding in Early Pregnancy). The doctor there put me on Progesterone pessary's (nice!) and aspirin and she took blood. I have to go back tomorrow for either more bloods or a scan depending on the results from today. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

bonzo77 Thu 27-Sep-12 20:55:30

fingers crossed indeed. Congratulations.... there are 2 threads here you might like, once called something like "TTC or pregnant after miscarriage / the mosh pit" I think in conception, and one in pregnancy called something like "pregnant after miscarriage". Both full of lovely ladies who totally understand what you are going through. Tremendous support and black humour!

chubbymummy Thu 27-Sep-12 21:00:18

Thanks Bonzo, I might check them out. I'm a bit reluctant to join any pregnancy threads as it feels like I'm tempting fate. I'll probably have a lurk about on the ones you mentioned though and with any luck I'll be able to post there eventually.

phoenixrose314 Fri 28-Sep-12 05:57:02

I went through the same thing. Five years for me, too, three miscarriages. Now I am 16+3 and everything looks fine smile Miracles sometimes happen.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you my lovely.

chubbymummy Fri 28-Sep-12 07:27:13

Wow Phoenix, that's fantastic news! After such a battle it's hard to believe that things will all work out but stories like yours give me hope. Congratulations on your little miracle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now