Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful cramps around week 25-26 - advice?

(5 Posts)
RockabillyKitty Wed 26-Sep-12 19:40:47

On 3 separate occasions over the last couple of weeks I've experienced really painful cramps and a tightening in my lower abdomen, similar to period pain, and how I imagine early contractions feel. They each last about 5 minutes and go away as suddenly as they came on. There's no other issues, no bleeding and I'm low risk. Can't find any common denominators in what I'm doing to cause it. I've googled it, could just be ligaments stretching or should I mention it to my midwife?

terilou87 Wed 26-Sep-12 20:08:56

sounds like braxton hicks, they say they are painless but i can say mine are sometimes painful. ligament pain is more of a sharp pain than period pain, if your worried call your m/w and get checked over. the tightning is what makes me think braxton hicks.

RockabillyKitty Wed 26-Sep-12 20:34:02

Ah ok, I'd read that too but thought they only came nearer to due date. I've got an appointment in a couple of weeks so I'll defo mention it to her then. Thanks! smile

FrustratedSycamorePants Wed 26-Sep-12 21:03:35

Sounds like Barton hicks to me.

FrustratedSycamorePants Wed 26-Sep-12 21:04:15

*braxton stupid autocorrect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now