Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mat B1 issued before 26 weeks - problem?

(7 Posts)
economymode Wed 26-Sep-12 17:48:04

Hello,
I'm 22 weeks pregnant and my midwife issued my mat b1 this morning. But I've just read it and it says that it shouldn't be issued more than 14 weeks before the baby is due, ie 26 weeks.

Anyone know if this is a hard and fast rule? Will it cause problems when claiming maternity allowance?

ALittleBitOfMagic Wed 26-Sep-12 17:54:34

It will be fine I got mine at 24 weeks as my work were pressuring me for it .

noblegiraffe Wed 26-Sep-12 17:55:51

Mine says 'not before 20 weeks' on it.

I think it's just to make sure you've had all your anomaly scans and are definitely pregnant!

poppy283 Wed 26-Sep-12 17:56:45

It just means you can't apply for MA before 26 weeks. Don't worry!

economymode Wed 26-Sep-12 18:49:32

Thanks all.

Poppy, just confused as it says (on the midwife's part): Do not fill this in more than 14 weeks before the week when the baby is expected.

This is my second pregnancy and am sure my first mat b1 said not before 20 weeks - thought they might have changed the rules. Odd that yours said 20 weeks, giraffe.

BionicEmu Wed 26-Sep-12 19:14:01

I picked mine up yesterday (am 22 weeks) and mine also says not before 20 weeks on it too. Would be difficult if I couldn't get it before 26 weeks as I have to give it to my HR dept by 25 weeks.

Part of me thinks it used to be 26 weeks (or at least something later) so maybe your MW is still using up old forms?

dueatxmas Wed 26-Sep-12 19:16:35

Should be fine. Your lucky to have such an organized MW smile i'm 27 weeks and still waiting for mine!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now