Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks...still footling breech...still uncomfortable....still pissed off...anyone else??

(21 Posts)
AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 13:22:18

so MW confirmed the little sod chap is still feetdown breech. i am now booked into hospital for a scan on monday for the next step. next step is scan to confirm and csection date.

i think i have come to terms with the csection. not quite able to get my head round that even if he turns on the day of the cs i can be sent back home ready to give birth naturally. i HATE uncertainty although i know that is the jolly price we pay for pregnancy.

just wondered if anyone else was in uncomfortable limbo? man it hurts! spesh at night. he uses my hips and bladder as a push board and pokes his head right up into my ribs. i keep having images of bloody Alien and the babies head popping straight through. that mixed with image of a foot popping through my fanny just about keeps me awake....

...and i am quite bored...

x

sparklekitty Wed 26-Sep-12 14:10:17

I've not got a breech but I am 3 days over due with what can only be described as a mahoosive baby!

She has been head down and engaged for over a month now but I am slightly worried that over the past few days she's slipped around and has become back to back. Nowhere near as uncomfortable as a breech I would imagine but still really not fun.

My bump has now got so big (someone thought I was carrying twins yesterday) that the muscles just below my boobs are agony from holding it all up. I am feeling miserable, just want this lo out now!

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 15:32:17

man i am with you sparklekitty! and i get so frustrated with poeple telling me how much i have to 'enjoy the time now'. i would enjoy it far more if i didnt have something stamping on my loolie, could walk for more than 10 mins without having to lean over and could drink wine!!

emzypoo Wed 26-Sep-12 17:24:52

I'm 38 weeks tmrw with a breach baby, I'm booked in for an ecv tmrw and realy nervous I wasn't allowed c second without trying to urn the baby first. Thought baby was gna turn on sunday it looked like a dinosaur was going to burst out of me it was so uncomfy the air was blue lol! Baby managed half a turn and decided to turn back to its comfy spot grrr

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:22:32

blimey emzypoo that is shite that you cant turn down an ecv. i thought that technicially even if you had no full medical reason you could even request a csection??

the reason i dont want to bother with a turn attempt is purely cos i know of two people that it didnt work for. even my mw said that it is quite common for a baby just to flip back again.

really really dont think there is anything to be worried about or nervous about. its just that i didnt want to deal with the faff for no outcome. also my mw told me they wont attempt it for feet down. maybe yours looks like a good candidate for a turn?? mine has been breech for a good few weeks now and has yet made no attempt at all to turn. in fact i think he bloody loves stamping on my bladder and lady garden.....

remember if you are uncomfortable in the procedure speak out! they will stop it.

to be honest i dont fancy ecv, 'natural' birth or a csection but he has got to come out of there somehow!

TheHappyCamper Wed 26-Sep-12 18:34:39

Sorry, I don't want to intrude on your thread - but you absolutely CAN refuse an ECV. It's a procedure that is not without risks, and you must not feel pressurised to have it done if you don't want it.

<<I certainly was going to refuse it (but baby turned late on)>>

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:37:43

not at all - glad you said that thehappycamper cos i thought the same???

Celestia Wed 26-Sep-12 18:50:10

Yes. I'm 35+5 with breech twins sad. It's soooo flipping uncomfortable isn't it?

Nicky1306 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:50:23

You def can refuse! I was breech and they tried to turn me.....my mum told me it was worse than labour itself! (she delivered db naturally)

Xx

AnneH656 Thu 27-Sep-12 07:53:55

celestia are both twins breech?? you are superwoman - esp at nearly 36 weeks. i know that head down is not a barrel of fun at this point. i remember being really rough with my DD with feet in ribs. still NOTHING compared to this.

there seems to be no reason for my breech. maybe will find more at the scan on monday.....

capedcrusader25 Thu 27-Sep-12 13:15:21

I'm only 33 weeks but breech too, can I join your club ;)
Breech twins? I admire you! My one enjoys bouncing around on my bladder and kicking me in my bum, lady bits and the sciatic nerve blush
I have the Alien thoughts too Anne! I told my Mum I was worried about this yesterday! grin
She's been in this position since I can remember, around 21 weeks I think....so unsure if she will turn.
I'm definitely not having the ECV if she hasn't turned by 36 weeks, nooooo way.

AnneH656 Thu 27-Sep-12 14:58:40

crusader of course! welcome! haha glad its not just me thinking about alien.. argh! the bladder kicks!! tried to describe them to DP last night but just couldnt.

dont know about you but it actually gets on my tits when people helpfully say 'oo he will turn - dont worry'. for a start, how the hell do you know? also, doesnt make me feel any more sure of it. i am now 37 weeks and have come to terms with CS. the idea of building self up to CS then being told before being wheeled down to theatre that he is now head down and being packed off home does not really appeal.................

capedcrusader25 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:24:06

Thanks smile
Sometimes it feels as though she is actually going to kick her way out, is that even possible?! [Confused]
I agree, especially as she has been in exactly the same position for so long...she make no attempt at moving into any other! I'm 100% with you on the uncertainty of it. I know pregnancy as a whole is a fairly uncertain time but to prepare for a CS and then find out just beforehand you have to go home and wait for nature does not appeal sad i h

emzypoo Thu 27-Sep-12 18:36:25

I had the ecv today it was uncomfortable to say the least and was given paracetamol as pain releif! On a plus note it was succesful and had a mw appointment this afternoon and baby is engaged already! Woop x

AnneH656 Thu 27-Sep-12 20:52:07

i bloody well hope it isnt possible for them to kick there way out!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock

glad its not just me. dont get me wrong i dont want a CS - i just want to know what is going on. i guess we are in no worse situation that someone who keeps thinking they are in labour and being sent back home off the labour ward..

emzy excellent news on the ecv!! only paracetamol though? can you believe i got prescribed cocodamol for hip pains - admit i havent really needed to take many (and tried not to partly cos of bunging self up....yuck) but goes to show that supervised you acan have something stronger. how are you feeling now?? does it feel better now they are head down??

emzypoo Thu 27-Sep-12 21:58:04

I dnt realy feel different but I'm bruised I feel like I've done about 500 sit ups, maybe tmrw I may have less heartburn or I hope so anyway and I havnt noticed kicks being high up at all yet hope baba hasn't flipped x

capedcrusader25 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:19:43

Sore then sad Hope you don't feel too bad in the morning! Let us know if you start to feel kicks the opposite way. I can't imagine what it would be like to be booted in my ribs rather than my bum grin

AnneH656 Fri 28-Sep-12 09:32:39

how are you feeling today? any rib kicks smile ?

Celestia Fri 28-Sep-12 11:08:31

Yes both twins are breech! No fun at all sad. They keep kicking on what I imagine to be my cervix and it truely feels like they're going to kick their way out sometimes.

Glad your ecv worked emzypoo. Turning vibes to everyone else! The end is in sight for me thankfully as I'm booked in for a section next Friday....omg!

emzypoo Fri 28-Sep-12 15:36:43

Hiya I havnt felt any high kicks at all but I'm putting that down to the lo being in a breach position for so long that its still lying the same so hasn't realy had a good stretch! X

AnneH656 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:18

celestia i feel like i can never moan again... two babies in breach?? ow. are you booked in for a CS as all? how are you doing?

i am getting really bugged by hiccups at the mo. its not painful but man he starts them off everytime i get comfy at night....

emzy i am so pleased for you! am going to see what they say on monday although my MW has already told me that they dont even attemp an ecv with footling.

i keep getting paranoid about him piercing my bladder or something. please tell me that is NOT possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now