Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any creative ideas on how to tell "Grandma" I am having a boy or a girl?

(9 Posts)
1stbabyat30 Wed 26-Sep-12 11:49:37

Next week I should hopefully find out if I am having a boy or a girl. This baby is incredibly important to my mother - who, after having a still born child and cancer, was only able to have me (an only child) and would have had a football team worth of children given the chance. So when we told her I was pregnant after 30 long years of her waiting she was beyond ecstatic and emotional at the news. She is so excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl and I would love to tell her in a more creative way than just "It's a boy". My only idea so far is to buy some tiny blue or pink booties and wrap them up and get her to open them when she comes up so she will just know when she opens them. But I was wondering if anyone can think of anything more creative?

plannedshock Wed 26-Sep-12 12:10:14

There is a thing they are doing in America where you make a cake and do the sponge blue or pink then cover it in chioc or icing and invite people round for a cuppa and when you cut it...voila!!! Baby cake!!

TakingTheStairs Wed 26-Sep-12 12:15:06

I was going to suggest the cake too !

TakingTheStairs Wed 26-Sep-12 12:15:19

And congratulations smile

newtonupontheheath Wed 26-Sep-12 12:17:10

Could you take her to the scan with you?

And congratulations!! smile

fanoftheinvisibleman Wed 26-Sep-12 12:17:17

My friend did 'reveal' cakes recently. They were a nice idea. Congratulations!

harrygracejessica Wed 26-Sep-12 12:18:14

When I had my twins I bought 2 outfits in the relevant colours and let them open one each.

I would go for the cake idea now though :-)

1stbabyat30 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:46:56

oh wow! Love the cake idea! That's fab.

1stbabyat30 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:51:13

I love her but I don't want her at the hospital scan - that's just for my partner and me - very special moment smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now