Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

colds in pregnancy - any top tips?

(8 Posts)
fairimum Wed 26-Sep-12 09:12:18

Well at 30 weeks I have the dreaded cold DD has brought home from school. Feel awful, coughing and sneezing, can't breath etc - other than paracetamol and steam does anyone have any magical cures??

thank you smile

terrywoganstrousers Wed 26-Sep-12 09:22:52

Hot lemon and honey is good

Doodlekitty Wed 26-Sep-12 09:24:42

Warm lemonade is my comfort. I put a bit of sugar in to take the edge off, I love it. I also used berocca last week when I felt like I was dying

pmgkt Wed 26-Sep-12 09:31:28

I'm struggling to at 26 weeks. Vicks and olbus oil are helping at night though. I react to paracetamol so can't even have that.

Londonmrss Wed 26-Sep-12 09:38:05

Oh dear! I've had a couple- rest as much as you can, honey and lemon. Try not to think about all the lovely drugs you're not allowed.

FreeButtonBee Wed 26-Sep-12 09:38:13

Sterimar nasal spray is good to help clear out the nose. It's just sterile salted water but really gets rid of the gunk and you can use it fairly often as it's not medicated.

Honey and lemon is really good. You can add some fresh ginger (or some of that prechopped stuff in a jar).

DP is just back from the pharmacist...paracetamol and lockets are all I can have sad

I cant even have lemsip <wail> so I think some hot diluting juice will have to do.

FreeButtonBee Wed 26-Sep-12 09:57:03

Oh yes, random but Vicks on the soles of your feet overnight is helpful (better than on your chest). Rub into soles of feet just before bed. Put an old pair of socks over and (try to) sleep. I think it's some sort of woo reflexology thing but I do find it means I sleep better for part of the night. Migth help during the day but I'd only do it if I was in the house, rather than out and about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now