Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you start to show?

(16 Posts)
DoodleBugBee Wed 26-Sep-12 07:29:38

Quick question: this is my first pregnancy, I'm 14 w and have a considerable bump (that is, I admit, mostly sandwiches and twiglets) but it is clear that I'm pregnant. When did you start to show?

OnlyWantsOne Wed 26-Sep-12 07:32:11

Dc1 16 ish weeks it just popped out in to a bump
Dc2 (was VERY SLIM) about 12 weeks
Dc3 managed to conceal it til 24 weeks when we told everyone

sundaesundae Wed 26-Sep-12 08:24:05

I too am 14 weeks nearly 15 and I am BLATANTLY showing. I am very short and very short torsoed so I am guessing it has no where to go but out! I think my maternity clothes do highlight it and that was my excuse, until I just caught myself nuddie in a hotel room mirror... jeepers.

Maybe we still have some bloat?

DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 26-Sep-12 08:31:05

I don't remember with ds1&2 it was a long time ago! Not early though.

Ds3 about 16 weeks, but part of it was wanting to 'show' I wore clothes to emphasise it as I was all excited etc.

Ds4 - am 22 weeks now and not showing yet. I can tell, but other people can't. I have an anterior placenta too so the sonographer said I am carrying more in my back, baby is head down already and I haven't felt any movement yet. I'm hoping to hide it from people until 30 weeks.

plonko Wed 26-Sep-12 10:08:49

I'm 18 weeks with my first, and have only just started to show. I wasn't tiny before I got pregnant, size ten and 5'6", but really thought I'd be showing earlier! Even now I just look like I've been on the pastries which I have

Boobs have been massive since about 8 weeks though.

wildpoppy Wed 26-Sep-12 11:05:25

Immediately but only because I stopped holding my tummy in

Treats Wed 26-Sep-12 11:08:54

I didn't start showing until about 20 weeks with my first, 14 weeks with my second and - this time round - I've been showing almost from the word go. It got really obvious to other people about week 11 though.

Pontouf Wed 26-Sep-12 11:11:36

I looked pregnant at about 12 weeks with DS and by 16 weeks I was enormous. I am 12+4 with DC2 but just look a bit fat at the moment. Still in my normal clothes but they are getting a bit tighter. I am slightly lighter this time round, don't know if that makes a difference smile

Numbthumbs Wed 26-Sep-12 11:13:22

26 weeks with my first and about 12 weeks with my 2nd!! I agree with wildpoppy though that you stop sucking your tummy in so maybe thats contributed this time round, or it could be all the carbs ive been eating because i NEED to

bonzo77 Wed 26-Sep-12 11:42:52

Depends who you ask! With DS I went on ML at 36 weeks and lots of people hadn't noticed under my uniform. But in my own clothes I was showing by about 26 weeks. Probably showing at about 20 weeks this time round, but I can still pass for just a bit fat now at 26 weeks. I'm not naturally that tiny, 5ft2 and size 10. Measuring normal for dates and growth scans ok.

Kelerina Wed 26-Sep-12 14:08:28

It's amazing how much variation there is, which is reassuring. I am 17 weeks and have been worrying a bit about this, i'm at that stage where it's now been ages since 12 week scan and 14 week midwife appointment when I heard the heartbeat, still haven't definitely felt baby move, don't really have a bump although DP thinks I do but at times I can't see it..... sore boobs etc have gone so am just feeling a bit flat. Want proof of baby!!! Nothing has happened which has given me cause for concern but it's a strange time. Does anyone know what I mean? Or has felt like this? It's making me worry about 20 week scan in two weeks time.

Mrscalminmadworld Wed 26-Sep-12 14:44:00

With DS I was about 16/17 weeks, and even then had to wear tight t-shirts/empire lines to show I was pregnant and not fat! Now 14+3 with 2nd and have looked fatter from earlier (carrying a couple more pounds to begin with though!). Am now just about showing in certain outfits.
Like plonko my boobs have turned into udders from about day one though! Much to hubbies delight..
Kelerina I think it's normal to feel a bit like you're waiting around for things at this stage, rest assured the baby will soon be making their presence felt! I've just started to feel flutters/bubbles in the last few days, but I think that's because I know what I'm looking out for this time round.
Good luck with the bump growing ladies! x

Londonmrss Wed 26-Sep-12 15:07:36

I was much later than all of you! I looked a bit fat from about 18 weeks, but didn't look pregnant until around 26 or 27 weeks. Think that's when my abdominal muscles gave up...
It's my first.

Jojoba1986 Wed 26-Sep-12 15:13:48

I'm only 3+5 with DC2 & I feel like I'm showing already!
With DS1 it must have been at about 18 weeks.

BionicEmu Wed 26-Sep-12 15:20:06

With my first I think I was about 18 weeks when I really showed.

Am now pregnant with DC2 and have just started showing at 22 weeks. I think the difference is I have much worse morning sickness this time round, and have lost 1.5 stone in weight so far. I was a size 16, and I just think that I was losing weight from my tummy at about the same rate that my bump was growing.

PeshwariNaan Wed 26-Sep-12 15:20:13

I'm there with you OP. It's my first pregnancy and I had a visible bump at 10-11 weeks, a substantial one at 14 and look very pregnant at 24! I have two friends due the same month and they don't look pregnant at all.

Baby measures normally and fluid's fine! Don't know why I've looked so pregnant practically since I found out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now