Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Woozy, faint feeling at 18wks

(6 Posts)
18wksplus Tue 25-Sep-12 20:29:55

Feeling very faint, woozy, slightly dizzy. Midwife has told me to eat and drink more, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Am pretty busy and very physically active at the moment, but don't really see how I can calm down (have a 2yr old, DH is away with work lots, have lots of practical things to sort out etc). Plus have just moved to a foreign country so don't have any good friends here yet.

Any advice? Starting to worry: don't want to actually faint whilst on my own with DD.

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:31:23

It sounds like low blood pressure, I had that when I was pregnant.

18wksplus Tue 25-Sep-12 20:32:51

Yeah I have super low blood pressure: doctors are always shocked at it!!

Presumably it's nothing to worry about though? Just annoying/scary/weird?? I fainted once when pg with DD but not until 36wks (in a very hot train carriage where nobody let me sit down...).

Mixxy Tue 25-Sep-12 20:36:14

Sounds like me too. I had low blood pressure and anemia. Up the iron supplements and always have a snack on hand (nuts, cheese cubes etc.) Loads more water!

RecursiveMoon Tue 25-Sep-12 20:37:26

I asked my GP about it, and he didn't seem to be overly concerned. But I did nearly faint a couple of times, which was scary. I used to have a seat at the top of the hill on my walk from the carpark to my work. Sitting down usually made me feel better quite quickly.

If I have another baby, I know what to watch out for, and I'll press my GP again about it if it happens again. I remember hating the feeling that I might faint when I was in town / at work alone. And you have your DD too, so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on it.

AtaleOfTwoCities Tue 25-Sep-12 20:40:00

Have had this from the beginning and it's not going away, it's daily and ruining everything do. But some advise, don't stand for a long time, don't enter hot and cold places too quickly I.e changing the temperature of the room drastically. For example I leave shower and bathroom door open as the steam makes me faint. Keep rested and fluids up. hope it improves with you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now