Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you 'show' earlier with your second?

(15 Posts)
MiggleMoo Tue 25-Sep-12 13:37:51

I showed from about 14 wks with ds1 but everyone keeps saying you show earlier with your second, what are others experiences? smile

ellesabe Tue 25-Sep-12 15:39:19

No I have definitely showed later this pregnancy and am generally smaller too because I haven't made the mistake of stuffing my face at every opportunity this time

MiggleMoo Tue 25-Sep-12 15:49:09

That was the mistake I made first time around and really don't want to gian weight from early on. Can I ask has your weight gone up quickly this time or have you managed to control it.
I ballooned first time and still carrying some of that weight now so trying to balance my diet this time more and hoping for a much slower weight gain. I am probably about 1 1/2 stone overweight at the moment.

carrielou2007 Tue 25-Sep-12 16:27:17

Much earlier with my second, I put on less weight (three and a half stone instead of four blush) but looked bigger.

This time (11 weeks tomorrow) still in normal size 12 jeans, fit find but my pants are a little snug blushI am about 3/4 of a stone more than I normally am as put a bit on due to lovely wine when I finished bf 6 months ago grin

LookAtHerGo Tue 25-Sep-12 16:29:11

Yes but there are two big factors. I'm lighter and carrying twins!

I know a lot more people who showed sooner on their second and didn't have the same above factors.

dinkystinky Tue 25-Sep-12 16:29:57

I looked 4 months gone when I was 2 months pregnant with DS2 so in my case yes. But it isnt true for everyoen.

EarnestDullard Tue 25-Sep-12 16:36:25

I did. I didn't 'pop out' till about 18/19w first time, but this time it was more like 12w. I looked about a month or two further along than I really was for most of this pregnancy, until the last couple of months when it slowed down. Now, at 38+4, I'm about the same size as I was at the end last time, and have gained a bit less weight (but started off a bit heavier anyway).

Pochemuchka Tue 25-Sep-12 16:37:51

I showed much earlier with DC2 (practically bloated out as soon as I POAS!) but the good news is it didn't happen for DC3. smile

RTchoke Tue 25-Sep-12 16:43:05

With DC1 i started at a size 12/14 and showed early, around 12 weeks, but I think that's because I was eating whatever I wanted. I put on nearly 4.5 stone overall.

With DC2 I started at a small size 12, controlled what I ate and didn't show 'til 20 weeks.

Now nearly 7 weeks with DC3. Starting as a size 8/10. Eating sensibly but intrigued whether I'll show early as I am skinnier.

18wksplus Wed 26-Sep-12 00:43:55

Showed earlier with #2 but was (slightly) slimmer.

But the difference seems to have slowed down now (am 18wks): comparing now to pictures of me at 18wks with #1, there isn't a lot of difference.

emmyloo2 Wed 26-Sep-12 07:35:48

I am 6 weeks pregnant with DC2 and so far no changes at all whereas with DS1 I feel like I bloated out straight away. I think because I started relaxing with my eating and ate things I wouldn't normally eat. This time I am eating as per normal and exercising as per normal. Give it a couple of weeks though when MS kicks in and I will probably start eating like a maniac!

mummy2benji Wed 26-Sep-12 08:46:57

Yes showed earlier with second, but I'm carrying a lot smaller this time than I did with ds. I'm 35+4 and have only put on 17lb, whereas I gained a few stone last pregnancy - not sure how much is the difference between a boy and a girl (this bump is female!) or how much is my eating healthily this time. With ds I craved cake and curry, but with this little darling I've craved fruit and veg and not been as hungry. I ate lots in the first 4 months however in an attempt to keep the sickness at bay. Despite not gaining much weight I still think my bump looks quite big, just not as out of proportion as it looked last time!

TribbleTuckandDismount Wed 26-Sep-12 09:35:15

Not so far, I'm sure I was bigger last time round. But this time I seem to be smaller.

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:55:39

blimey yes! first time not much happened for weeks to the point my partner would shout at my tummy 'when am i going to see you??'

this time i popped before 12 weeks. i am 37 weeks and i seem to have had 3 massive growth spurts as opposed to gradual. seems to have been around 10 weeks, 18 weeks and 26 weeks. now i am spot on 37 cm or 37 weeks :-). everything levels out in the end - i am proof!

xx

javotte Wed 26-Sep-12 13:46:43

Oh yes! With DC1 my bump appeared overnight at about 26 weeks. With DC2 and DC3 I was already showing at 6-7 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now