Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ranitidine?

(7 Posts)
Spinity Tue 25-Sep-12 11:02:15

I'm now 32 weeks and have just been given ranitidine from my gp for dire reflux. Any one else taking this? I have this irrational fear that I might kill the baby by taking it, feel a bit selfish taking drugs during pregnancy! Please someone tell me I am a paranoid idiot.

MsElisaDay Tue 25-Sep-12 11:10:05

I've been taking it daily throughout my entire pregnancy, as I was already taking it beforehand for a pre-existing acid reflux condition.
It's absolutely fine to take during pregnancy, you have nothing to worry about.

Spinity Tue 25-Sep-12 11:10:57

Thank you! smile

scentednappyhag Tue 25-Sep-12 11:11:21

I haven't taken it/heard of it etc, but my general opinion is that taking medicine to keep you healthy is not selfish, as you being healthy means that you are in a better position to keep you baby healthy. The GP should have discussed any risks with you before prescribing, so if they haven't said anything, then get yourself better smile

sweetkitty Tue 25-Sep-12 11:12:33

It's only the generic name for Zantac, hundreds of pregnant women take it, personally I found Omaperazole much more effective, one tiny tablet in the morning and no acid reflux all day was fabulous.

SecretCermonials Tue 25-Sep-12 13:31:31

I had maalox with DS and just been prescribed it again but am still paranoid about taking it! Its a mum thing haha

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 25-Sep-12 13:36:20

I took it from about 14 weeks with DS2 as I had awful heartburn, and he was totally fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now