Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness - when did it start in each of your pregnancies

(20 Posts)
RTchoke Mon 24-Sep-12 20:49:33

DD1 = terrible nausea and occasional vomiting from 3.5 weeks to 16 weeks
DD2 = terrible nausea and occasional vomiting from 5.5 weeks to 15 weeks
DC3 = currently just over 6 weeks and only feeling occasionally icky.

Obviously I am thrilled not to be feeling sick but I don't want to jinx myself. It could be hours away. It seems odd that someone so prone to MS could suddenly skip it. And is not having MS, when you had it before, a sign that your hormone levels aren't right?

What patterns have others experienced?

WillowB Mon 24-Sep-12 21:04:19

Slightly queasy at 6 weeks. Felt proper rough from around 8 weeks. Lasted till about 14 weeks. Ugh!

AlisonDB Mon 24-Sep-12 23:17:25

Ds1 = nausea from week 5 - week 13, Peaked at week 9.
triggered by tiredness, garlic & Cocolate,
Apart from that i could eat anything and everything else so long as i wasnt tired,

Ds2 = currently 28 weeks, nausea & vomiting still continuing!!
Triggered by everything, smells, food, tiredness, clothing being to tight round neck or bump!
You name it im sick from it!
This pregnancy has been SO different from pregnancy 1 i was convinced i was expecting a girl! But no i'm having another boy!
;-)

SkinnyMarinkADink Tue 25-Sep-12 14:13:08

DD - sickness from the second i fell pregnant upto 12 weeks dead on.

This time (another DD) - Fine upto 10 weeks and have been sick ever since (23 weeks now) even hospitalised at one point.

Funny how your growing the baby in the same womb yet it reacts so differently each time

MrsApplepants Tue 25-Sep-12 14:15:21

Felt queasy from day before I did pregnancy test, peaked about week 8/9 when I felt rotten. Then one morning on week 11 I woke up and felt fabulous, it had gone!

Natalietwins Tue 25-Sep-12 14:16:18

Girls what douse the dd and ds dc stand for I have seen this on all the pages but have no clue?

mumnosGOLDisbest Tue 25-Sep-12 14:25:58

DS - from Wk8 - 18 wks then whenever I was overworked/tired, usually mid-afternoons/evenings.
DD1 -Wk8-14 mornings and evenings.
DD2 - Wk9-12 all day on and off.
No pattern for me

DC2- I felt very sick from 8 wks but had MMC at 14 wks and stopped feeling sick about a week before. I think it's still early days, I've always felt ok early on then the sickness has hit. Make the most of it, I bet in a fortnight you'll become aquainted with your toilet/sink/bucket! Try not to worry and Congratulations! smile

Amnewtoallthis Tue 25-Sep-12 14:57:58

For me
DD1 - had irritated stomach from about five weeks - eased up but was replaced by heartburn at about 28 weeks. Had constant metallic taste in mouth and all food tasted horrible - managed to put on 3 stone though!
Now 2nd pregnancy - is a lot worse (after worrying about having none) at 6.5 weeks I feel totally dreadful and if I was working (well am self employed) in an office I'd have had to take yesterday and today off.

SkinnyMarinkADink Tue 25-Sep-12 15:03:36

natalietwins

dd - dear daughter
ds- dear son
dc - dear children
dh - dear husband
dp - dear partner

MrsJohnDeere Tue 25-Sep-12 15:06:13

From the moment of implantation until 12/13 weeks

Natalietwins Tue 25-Sep-12 15:25:27

Thank you I had no clue ha x

littlepinkfizz Tue 25-Sep-12 15:38:28

From 5 weeks to 16 / 17 weeks with last 2 dc and from 5 weeks to about 12 weeks with first 2dc!

Littlesurprise Tue 25-Sep-12 15:49:16

New to MN, 1st pg grin now 6+4.
Started feeling really wobbly a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been able to keep anything down for the past week. "Morning" sickness, my eye! I feel ghastly 24/7, but I like it. (I say that NOW) wink

wkmmum Tue 25-Sep-12 15:51:41

DS - nausea around 5 weeks, vomiting from around 7-20 weeks, nausea until I gave birth.

DC2 - nausea around 5 weeks, vomiting started around 7 weeks, currently 31 weeks and still vomiting every morningsad

Dogsmom Tue 25-Sep-12 16:23:17

Maybe it's a boy this time? I'm 16 weeks pg with a little girl and like you was sick from early on until 15 weeks.

mumnosGOLDisbest Tue 25-Sep-12 16:52:36

Natalietwins if you click on help up at the top then theres a link to the list of abbreviations. I'm guessing you might use DTs for Dear Twins? smile

CakeBump Tue 25-Sep-12 16:56:13

I'm 27 weeks with DC1 and haven't had any nausea/vomiting at all.

<lucky>

JupiterJoy Tue 25-Sep-12 19:14:41

With my 1st, nausea all the time, and vomited once about 6 weeks then non stop from 9w - 20w, with hyperemesis. Then carried on being sick ( not all time) until end of pregnancy.

Now I'm pregnant with 2nd, nausea from 5 week, just started vomiting now at 6 w

JupiterJoy Tue 25-Sep-12 19:15:15

I had hyperemesis with my boy.

RTchoke Wed 26-Sep-12 10:44:52

Yech, shld never of tempted fate as I did in my OP. Feeling well and truly rough now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now