Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby shower gift

(7 Posts)
Oneflipflop Mon 24-Sep-12 19:57:20

I've been invited to a baby shower, first one I've been to.
I used to work with her, but she's not a close friend. I've bought a gift, but have since been asked if I want to see the present list or make a donation.
Do you think I should go with something on the list?

ellesabe Mon 24-Sep-12 20:06:10

People make present lists for baby showers??? hmm

Maybe explain to whoever suggested you look at the list that you have already bought a gift and just hope that it's on the list!

Oneflipflop Mon 24-Sep-12 21:06:58

Thanks Elle; glad to see the list is new to you too, not just me!

ThreeWheelsGood Tue 25-Sep-12 08:34:10

Definitely just stick with the gift you've already bought.

Ameliac28 Tue 25-Sep-12 08:50:54

I've been to a few baby showers and no ones ever made a list they should just be happy people are showering them with wonderful gifts so I'd stick with what you already have.

PeshwariNaan Tue 25-Sep-12 10:30:55

I'm from the US and it's expected that the mum will have 1-2 baby registries (gift lists) for a shower, just like with bridal showers or weddings.

That said, it's perfectly fine to bring something off the list - and to my mind often even better. The only point of the list is usually for practical things like nappies, wipes, other stuff that the couple will probably need in the early days.

whatsoever Tue 25-Sep-12 16:32:53

I'm gobsmacked people have a gift list for a bridal shower AND a wedding! How can they need two sets of stuff in such a short period of time?

I've only just got comfortable with wedding lists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now