Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

crying at ludicrous things

(41 Posts)
otterpop Mon 24-Sep-12 19:55:10

I just welled up at the John Denver song on the TalkTalk advert, and earlier when I couldn't find a parking spot near my house, and so got my feet wet walking the 50m from car to home. Yesterday I actually cried just thinking about last year's John Lewis advert with the little boy who can't wait to give his parents a Christmas present.
I'm only 7 weeks pregnant, please tell me it'll get better! Am I going to start doing this at work?!(Or make me feel better by telling me daft stuff thats set you off too? smile)

ellesabe Mon 24-Sep-12 20:00:36

We went to see the live show of In The Night Garden last week with 2yo dd and I bawled all the way through it blush

And I'm 33 weeks...sorry!

Princesslovelyboo Mon 24-Sep-12 20:09:55

8 weeks here, cried at the x factor, cried at downtown abby, cry at the new john Lewis ad, worried about the xmas one! Cried at diy sos, cried at documentary i was watching i think you get the picture. I will lurk on this thread until someone comes and tells me it stops!

FancyPuffin Mon 24-Sep-12 20:15:13

I ran out of Morrisons sobbing my heart out because they had run out of hot chickens hmm

blush

HaveALittleFaith Mon 24-Sep-12 20:19:53

I cried yesterday because DH offered to cook sausage and mash for tea!

Princesslovelyboo Mon 24-Sep-12 20:21:12

Oh Puffin that is a little bit funny grin

otterpop Mon 24-Sep-12 20:32:32

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it's not just me doing it! Sounds like I'm stuck with it for a bit! I daren't watch anything like X factor or Downton Abbey, Princesslovely boo, I wouldn't stop! smile

Princesslovelyboo Mon 24-Sep-12 20:37:29

Hi Faith <cheery wave>

I am worried about where this is going, I mean I love a Christmas special, and don't get me started on the Noels xmas presents. Even Dr who this weekend is supposed to be emotional!!!

HaveALittleFaith Mon 24-Sep-12 20:49:11

Hiya boo, how are you?!

Yes everything is guaranteed to trigger things off! I blubbed at Downton too smile

butterflybuns Mon 24-Sep-12 20:53:43

I cried at Mrs Browns Boys as the dog had to be put down and that in 14 years time my pfb may be going to university confused. Am 10 weeks, not broken down in a supermarket yet but there is plenty of time.

Princesslovelyboo Mon 24-Sep-12 21:02:19

All good here Faith apart from being a complete emotional nightmare of course!

Is anyone going to tell us this goes eventually?

backwardpossom Mon 24-Sep-12 21:22:47

No, it gets worse once you've had the baby, Princess

Splinters Tue 25-Sep-12 15:05:20

18 weeks.

Crying because the midwife was horrible, because the GP was very nice, over the little newborn suit we bought as a present for the baby, in case the next scan shows a problem, because I love the baby, because I want the baby NOW, because I love DH so much and he's looking after me so carefully..

It is madness. Fortunately no-one's caught me at it yet.

CreepyCrawly Tue 25-Sep-12 16:26:24

I cried last week because Henry is a stupid name for a penguin.

PeshwariNaan Tue 25-Sep-12 16:28:06

I laughed so hard at a thread here on MN I then started crying. Then, it turned into hysterical sobs and I couldn't stop sobbing for the life of me. Really bizarre.

BTW, it was the "has anyone ever bled through ___?" thread - so wrong to laugh so hard, but I couldn't help myself...

paperclips Tue 25-Sep-12 17:24:56

I nearly cried because the receptionist was so nice when I went to see my midwife today. Thought I was going to cry on the midwife but I held it together. They are all lovely there.

On saturday I cried because I went to a local carnival and it was full of families and the children all looked really happy.
Then because the icecream van was shit - since when did a small 99 and an inedible no-brand orange ice lolly come to £3.50?
Then I cried in the street because DH tried to help me get out of the car. I felt so undignified and useless.

Henry is the cutest name for a penguin. I want a penguin.

CreepyCrawly Tue 25-Sep-12 17:57:49

paperclips Henry is a 'Chilly' teddy penguin from tesco last year, and has his name on the tag. I was full on sobbing that Henry was a stupid name for him. DH suggested I change his name, which made me cry more because then it wouldn't be his name hmm

phoenixrose314 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:49:20

I cried when I came home from work to find that my DH had hoovered, washed up, dried up, tidied up and generally made my life a little easier. I was just so overwhelmed that he had been so lovely.

I also sobbed hysterically for about 30 minutes over the memory of the death of my childhood pet guinea pig. Very random, and very heartfelt!!

I am 16 weeks.

(and dreading Doctor Who... not just because of the Angels...) sad

Princesslovelyboo Thu 27-Sep-12 11:11:19

I just saw a clip of a goat with 8 legs and the saddest face I have ever seen, cry doesn't even come close to the massive sobs I had sad

SquealyB Thu 27-Sep-12 11:33:01

Have had ridiculous tears for so many reasons:

3rd supermarket I tried had no halloumi
I burnt toast
My cousin's wedding vows
Having to stay up past midnight
Because the dog came in for a snuggle
Because the cat came in for a snuggle
Because I love DH
Because I HATE DH
Because I am mean to DH
Because I HATE being pregnant
Because I can't wait to meet our baby

This is only the ones I can think of off the top of my head!

Hmmm, ds is 6 months old and I'm still crying at everything. I'm putting it down to sleep deprivation at this stage grin

tinyeyes123 Thu 27-Sep-12 11:39:21

At the fact my mum was going to call her new kitten my number one baby name (which she had no idea about as we hadn't told her). Stomped my feet and she's changing it blush

BonaDea Thu 27-Sep-12 11:52:34

Never mind tears, I threw the Baby Names book at Mr B last night in frustration...

TigerFeet Thu 27-Sep-12 12:00:50

My finest hour was sobbing in the supermarket because dh had asked did i want beef or chicken pie and i JUST COULDN'T DECIDE. Tthis was at approx 20 weeks with dd1.

Also cried in the supermarket when pg with dd2 but was in the throes of awful hyperemesis and had thrown up and perhaps wet myself a little tiny bit in the dairy aisle so I reckon that was entirely justified.

Orenishii Thu 27-Sep-12 13:40:47

This morning I had a proper heartbreaking sob over the bit in Lost where Charlie locks himself in the room in the boat that is flooding, and writes on his hand "Not Penny's boat" to save Desmond.

Proper wrenching, wracking sobs over the tragedy of it all.

I wouldn't mind but I saw that episode about 2 years ago hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now