Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I use Henna hair colour in the first trimester?

(6 Posts)
Arabia Mon 24-Sep-12 14:31:09

Hello

I am looking for a safe alternative to regular salon colour as I have just found out I'm pregnant - and in desperate need to colour some grays!shock

I have been recommended 'Bukhoor Henna' mixed with hibiscus but am unsure about the safety of the sandalwood essential oil? Or is it such a small amount I shouldn't be concerned?

Thanks in advance!thanks

terilou87 Mon 24-Sep-12 16:18:54

http://nhslocal.nhs.uk/story/features/pregnancy-dos-and-donts

hi arabia i found this on an nhs website it says its fine to colour your hair as long as you do this in a well ventilated room and that its only enormous doses of the chemicals in hair dye will effect your baby smile

Arabia Mon 24-Sep-12 17:56:40

Thanks, saw this also, maybe I'm just a little paranoidsmile

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 19:31:27

Hi, I am a hairdresser and it is fine to dye your hair why you are pregnant it just may not take, or may have to leave it on a little longer just because of your hormones when pregnant but it will not harm the baby so don't worry, good luck!

kellestar Mon 24-Sep-12 19:35:33

try to avoid rubbing it directly into your scalp, if you normally use home dye kits you'll probably know this anyway.

whichypoohs Wed 21-Nov-12 16:23:24

Please; only use BAQ (Body Art Quality) Henna or Lush Caca's. If you use the other stuff then you will have problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now