Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucous Plug

(7 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Mon 24-Sep-12 13:12:30

Hello,

I have passed my mucous plug two days ago and was sort of expecting things to get started soon but I'm still just sore and pregnant. Baby is definitely v low (has been 2/5 engaged for a few weeks) but I'm not having any signs of labour. I am 37+2 and desperate for baby to come out- in a lot of pain and discomfort and I'm not too keen on codeine. Although I have a lovely DH I don't have any female friends or relatives that have had babies that I can direct all of my silly questions to.

Anyway,

how long did you have to wait after the mucous plug popped out before going into labour?

Rockchick1984 Mon 24-Sep-12 13:33:32

Sorry to say, I lost my mucus plug about 3 weeks before I went into labour. As far as I've ever read, it has no indication to when labour will start sad

EarnestDullard Mon 24-Sep-12 13:35:43

I think the mucous plug can go any time in the last few weeks. I'm 38+2 and have been losing bits of mine for the past two weeks. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for; it is possible that things will happen sooner, but the mucous plug itself isn't a guarantee. The waiting sucks, I know sad

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Mon 24-Sep-12 13:37:11

Curses!

I was hoping the end was imminent!

Oh well... nothing left for it then to daydream about what baby will be like and desperately eat pineapples...

OrangeHorraceTheGoldenOtter Mon 24-Sep-12 13:40:21

2 days with me! Hope it's soon for you...

sparklekitty Mon 24-Sep-12 16:18:04

Sorry....I lost my plug about 3 weeks ago, also had a bloody show over a week ago. I'm now 40+1 and no baby yet. Not the news you wanted I'm sure, sorry. You might be one of the ones that has it all kick off quickly tho smile Fingers crossed for you x

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Mon 24-Sep-12 16:29:14

Good luck ladies and thanks for the well wishing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now