Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hyperemesis , drugs and mmc - utterly paranoid

(12 Posts)
isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 11:25:42

Looking for stories of reassurance. I'm 39 . This is my 3rd pregnancy and the last two weeks i've really suffered really bad ms , the doc gave
me buccastem and cyclizine and signed me off for two weeks . However last year I had mmc and remember being so happy that my hyperemesis had tailed off at 8 weeks and they gave me buccastem at 6 weeks . My first pregnancy I was very sick up to 20 weeks and beyond but I had also had massive op at 7 weeks requiring 6 weeks recovery and was very weak.
Sooo. I feel ok this morning , my
booking in appt this afternoon . Are the drugs suddenly working or glumy I feel history is probably repeating itself . I've been sick once this morning yet can't shake off a feeling that it's game over. I've only taken
one cyclizine today and I'm
actually hungry
and smells that
plagued me don't anymore. Help.

isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 11:27:45

Should say I'm around 8 weeks today .

18wksplus Mon 24-Sep-12 12:41:06

The chances of two mmcs are pretty low I would have thought. Chances are that it's just a horrible coincident, but I realise nothing will make you feel better until you have a scan.

Will they scan you at your booking in appt?

isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 12:59:24

I think I will ask to referred to epu . It's just a routine appt at gp. I feel 100% better. I can't shake this black dog feeling. I'm sat here willing myself to feel ill. The drugs in my first pregnacy had little effect at this stage but it's hard to compare as I said I'd had a major op with ga and 6 weeks recovery. Oh well. Are two mmc in row rare?
Thanks for reply . I'm signed off and sat here counting the mins till dh comes home to take me to gp .

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Mon 24-Sep-12 13:01:54

A lot of people that I have spoken to have said that the ms went away really suddenly on its own. I wasn't in this group- mine went away really gradually, but unless you've been having other symptoms I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Seeline Mon 24-Sep-12 13:02:28

I had cyclizine for ms in my second preganancy and all went well. I was just overjoyed that I was well enough to look after my toddler and feed him after having been signed off work the first time round for 4 months. I'm sure all will be fine.

isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 13:18:15

Thanksx

unravellingthemystery Mon 24-Sep-12 13:23:14

Hi isoldeone, I had horrible hyperemesis on dd1 - required hospital stay etc. It lasted throughout the pregnancy.

I got it at 6 weeks on dd2 but it suddenly disappeared at 13 weeks - like you describe I suddenly felt 100% well, I was starving and was suddenly not bothered by smells etc. It really was a dramatic improvement within 24 hours. Like you, I was worried but everything was fine.

Fingers crossed your ms has just run it's course.

Best of luck.

isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 13:41:18

Cheers . Sitting at home on my own is not good !

isoldeone Mon 24-Sep-12 17:07:17

Back home . Early scan booked tomorrow. Still don't feel sick . I have eaten fast food ( some thing I couldn't contemplate 24 hrs ago) and feel well very gloomy. Midwife v non committal but agreed scan referral necessary. Sigh fingers x . So shit . This is happening almost to the day since last year . I just can't shake the feeling.

isoldeone Tue 25-Sep-12 14:00:44

Good news smile winking back at me - measuring right for dates - consultant said everything is as it should be for this stage - he couldn't tell me why ms and hyperemsis suddenly vanished . Never been so gob smacked in my life - I truly thought it was over. True what they say I guess every pregnancy is different . On wards and upwards smile thank you for messages of support x

18wksplus Wed 26-Sep-12 00:16:56

Fantastic. So so pleased for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now