Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what's happening ...

(9 Posts)
rainand Mon 24-Sep-12 10:12:42

Hi,

I'd been getting stomach pains so was called in for a scan last week. They saw a small sac but said it was too early to see anything. This week they are still seeing the sac but no yolk and as I'm around 5 weeks they were expecting to see a yolk. They said it does seem slightly irregular though they can't conclude on anything and I must come for another scan next week. They suggested stomach cramps could be uterus trying to get rid of the failing pregancy but again they can't say anything conclusive sad

Little distressed and wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar? Should I prepare myself for the worst? Is there anything I can do to try and maintain the pregancy?

Thanks for all your support in advance smile

sundaesundae Mon 24-Sep-12 10:49:58

Didn't want to read and run, I haven't been through this, but I hope it all works out. Unfortunately they can't give you any more info as it is all so early, you just have to keep fx for next week.

There is nothing you can do AT ALL. Miscarriage happens almost exclusively due to chromosonal abnormalities at this point, if the embryo is not right it will not develop and you will miscarry, resting etc. will do little as miscarriage is never something you have done (unless perhaps you are taking drugs you shouldn't be or something).

Sorry you are going through this.

rainand Mon 24-Sep-12 11:17:57

Thanks sundaesundae for your support and kindness. I suppose I've just got to wait and see what happens ...

slovenlydotcom Mon 24-Sep-12 11:32:11

I had to wait a week during a m/c - its an awful thing. You have my sympathy.

Wish I could think of some wise words. Take care of yourself x

MissMedusa Mon 24-Sep-12 11:56:45

I'm going through something similar and I'm supposed to be further along than you (6+5) and nothing found in the GS at 6+1. I think 5 weeks is very early, you would only start seeing anything in the GS 5th week so I really wouldn't worry yet. At 5+1 I didn't even have a GS, we were only able to see one at 5+5.

Hoping it turns out ok for both of us.

milk Mon 24-Sep-12 12:16:32

Week 5: Only saw an empty sac
Week 7: Saw sac, yolk, and fetal pole

Stay positive!!!

brooke89 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:42:45

Week 5 saw only an empty sac, Week 6 same, Week 7 fetal pole and heart beat!

Now 29 weeks and all is going good - definately stay positive!

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Mon 24-Sep-12 19:14:08

Just echoing what others have said. You just can't know for certain right now. What helps you to look after yourself during distressing times? Do some of those things for now.

rainand Mon 24-Sep-12 22:03:52

Thank you so much everyone - I feel much more positive now! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now