Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do I ease this endless nausea???

(9 Posts)
hypnotisingchickens Mon 24-Sep-12 09:47:26

I'm pregnant with DC2, but very early on, currently 5+3. I have been crippled with debilitating nausea since around week 3, and it's starting to have a massive impact on my life - what the bloody hell can I do?

Ginger biscuits have little or no effect, and although nibbling little and often eases things a bit, I still feel like I'd like to be put down. I have a busy 18mo DS and feel like I'm being a super crap mum. The only time I don't feel sick is when I'm asleep,so I'm going to bed as soon as DS is in bed just to get some blessed relief. Today I also feel really faint which isn't helping matters.

Any ideas that might help me to turn a corner? Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a 'woe is me' rant.

RightUpMyRue Mon 24-Sep-12 09:58:33

There really, IME, isn't much that eases it. What you eat or drink or anything else doesn't affect the hormones your body has to produce to sustain the pregnancy.

You just have to find ways to cope, eat little and often, try those nausea bands you wear on your wrists, ginger biscuits/tea/sweets, avoiding known puke triggers etc. Find what works best for you.

As far as your DS is concerned, if you spend the next 6-8 weeks doing the minimal amount of playing/entertaining you can get away with and do a lot of lying down while he watches cbeebies/DVDs then he won't remember it in adult life and it most certainly will have no ill effect on him so don't worry about not being a super mum who manages 5 activities before lunch and then an outing and then baking in the afternoon. Do what you can manage and feel no guilt if that isn't much.

It will pass eventually smile I'm almost 13 weeks now and it's much than it was at 7 weeks. Not gone completely but it's manageable.

Whiteshoes Mon 24-Sep-12 10:06:11

God, you have my huge sympathies. It's horrendous.

Can I second the sea bands recommendation, encourage you to keep going with the small snacks (well done), and suggest ice pops (lemonade or orange juice or whatever)? Ice pops were the only thing that gave me relief. I even got up to be sick in the night, so sleep wasn't as good as it should have been! Have you got anyone who could come to look after your dc during the day at all?

hypnotisingchickens Mon 24-Sep-12 10:30:00

Thank you all for your sympathy! thanks

I will order some sea bands and see if they can do the trick, and pick up some ice pops on the way home. I work 4 days a week and DS is with his amazing childminder, so at least he's getting some stimulous during the day for most of the week. I'm sure that my first pregnancy was a doddle compared to this, although I may well just have my rose tinted specs on.

zigwig Mon 24-Sep-12 10:54:37

I'm sorry to say I didn't find anything to ease it. I just curled up on the sofa for weeks. Polo mints made it slightly better sometimes and I found orange squash better than plain water but really nothing helps. But it does end. Mine started to ease at 12 week's. It didn't go completely and seems like forever but it does get better. You have my sympathy and hugs I know how awful it is and everyone around you just thinks you're making it up.

Amnewtoallthis Tue 25-Sep-12 14:54:45

I was posting here a couple of weeks moaning I didn't have any morning sickness symptoms - with DD1 I felt unwell at around five weeks. This time though 6.5 weeks in I feel dreadful too, worse than last time. had to lie down yesterday and eat dry toast. Have not been sick like you hypnotisingchickens but I could so easily. I do find sipping water helps, and if it continues I'll try the sea bands. Last time I eat loads of Opal Fruits this time the thought of anything sweet makes me feel ill. Is so funny how it affects us?!

QueenofJacksDreams Tue 25-Sep-12 14:59:58

Have you tried Antacid tablets? I know it sounds silly but at 11 weeks I've finally managed to cure my constant nausea with these and am hoping I can finally bloody eat.

Amnewtoallthis Tue 25-Sep-12 15:02:47

Or Gaviscon? I take it it's okay to drink that while pregnant - I had it on tap last pregnancy and I hear they do it in strawberry flavour grin!

10storeylovesong Tue 25-Sep-12 16:48:31

I was told by midwife yesterday to buy the sea bands. Bought them this morning and 10 mins later threw up the glass of water I'd been drinking. I'd say they didn't work for me!! Let me know if you find something else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now