Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Craving Cake

(20 Posts)
hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 00:10:37

and chocolate
and cake
and chocolate
and more cake
and more chocolate

its very unhealthy, I have a theory craving is linked to a dietary deficiency, but what?? I'd rather be eating something a little more healthy, but at the moment, only cake and chunky kitkats seem to worl.

Badgerina Mon 24-Sep-12 00:11:38

I ate an entire Jamaican Ginger Cake today grin

hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 00:13:17

lol, ok its not just me then, Im currently working my way through a lemon iced sponge, for breakfast, I had a white belgium chocolate cake thing.

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 00:58:38

You enjoy it eat what you want you deserve it all av wanted is ice cubes ha but I have eat loads of sweet stuf to why not x

whatsoever Mon 24-Sep-12 01:27:34

I'm normally a savoury gal but I have eaten sweet stuff by the bucketload this pregnancy.

Just hoping my tastes got back to normal post-birth as we always have biscuits in the house as DH loves them (and is super skinny) so they'll be hard to resist.

greenbananas Mon 24-Sep-12 06:29:52

I have craved diet coke on a couple of occasions, and I don't normally drink the stuff. I agree about cravings possibly being linked to dietary deficiencies, but surely there is nothing good in diet coke that I can possibly need confused

Enjoy your cake!

kellestar Mon 24-Sep-12 19:48:34

I couldn't get enough of fishfingers when pg with DD. I really don't like fish, it's a texture thing. I'd be shuddering while eating it, yet it's what my baby wanted. It's her favourite meal now! I couldn't eat chocolate though. I love wispa's and I could have been eating a wax candle, just no joyful chocolateyness. I haven't had a passion for chocolate since DD [she's now 1.10].

I'm pg with DC2 [10w] and no cravings so far.

Ollibobs Mon 24-Sep-12 19:59:03

hihohiho you sound just like me! I'm 9+5 and for a while there all I wanted was cake, cake, cake! I'm normally a savoury girl, but I was even daydreaming about cake and the more buttercream frosting the better...

terilou87 Mon 24-Sep-12 20:48:09

im also usually a savoury kind of gal but mmm..... chocolate concrete and custard school dinner type nom nom nom

suppose it is a little cheaper than fish and chips from the sea side which was what i was craving when i had my girls. and with my first boy it was magnum icecream the truffle one. grin

SammyFirstBaby Mon 24-Sep-12 21:16:14

Same!!
Chocolate doughnuts, chocolate yougurt, chocolate rice cakes.
Spent 23 quid on cravings today.
It was only 2 days ago it was jacket potatoe and cheese!

hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 21:34:42

glad its not just me grin

MrsJohnDeere Mon 24-Sep-12 21:42:17

Normally I love cake, biscuits, chocolate, etc, but now pg I've gone off them shock. All I want to eat are ice cubes, oranges, and fish!

Bunnychan Tue 25-Sep-12 19:10:59

I threw away half of my slice of chocolate cake today. I usually love chocolate and sweet things but I'm not fussed by them at the mo. I wouldn't say it's an aversion, more that it no longer hits the spot. I keep fancying veg and gravy but it's not an intense craving :-) x

DangerMousey Tue 25-Sep-12 20:48:53

I am 30+3 and after a first trimester where I could only eat boiled potatoes due to horrendous nausea, I have spent the whole second trimester craving, nay fantasizing about cake. I sit at my desk all morning imagining what delicious cakey treat I am going to have with my (otherwise healthy) lunch that day.

I have developed a particular taste for Gregg's YumYums, gooey white chocolate cookies from the Sainsbury's bakery, iced donuts, victoria sponge. Nomnomnomnom. Not all on the same day, mind!

Alas as I am now into the third trimester, my stomach is getting squished and there's not so much room for sweeeeet delicious caaaaaake sad

ivanapoo Tue 25-Sep-12 22:30:02

I've been treating cake as a key food group. I basically have to eat it every day.

xmasevebundle Tue 25-Sep-12 23:26:07

My chip shop down my road does battered mars bars, i always get one when i go for a walk to the shop next to it.

I walk to the shop most days, today i wanted a super cripsy bacon sarnie so off i walked to the shop!

Badgerina Tue 25-Sep-12 23:50:20

Today I discovered a recipe on the Internet. A Nigella Lawson recipe: Bacon Brownies. I shit you not. Guess what I'm going to be baking tomorrow...

kellestar Wed 26-Sep-12 08:39:49

Bacon brownies... Mmmm...

I found a recipe for Bacon Jam.

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 13:15:04

oo! pre prepared sandiwish filler! i just finished off the pot. its supposed to be for DDs packed lunches..... man i had bacon and egg one the other day LUSH yet fcking disgusting really - mashed up egg and bacon in mayo???

oh and i salivate at just the thought of any strong DIY smell i.e. wood varnish, WD40, paint. it smelt of varnish when i walked into QD the other day (yep QD. class) and i nearly cried with happiness.

what is that??

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Wed 26-Sep-12 13:56:36

I felt bad for a little bit for making DH go out to get me jam roly poly last week grin

But now I want chocolate cake and a glass of wine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: