Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Craving Cake

(20 Posts)
hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 00:10:37

and chocolate
and cake
and chocolate
and more cake
and more chocolate

its very unhealthy, I have a theory craving is linked to a dietary deficiency, but what?? I'd rather be eating something a little more healthy, but at the moment, only cake and chunky kitkats seem to worl.

Badgerina Mon 24-Sep-12 00:11:38

I ate an entire Jamaican Ginger Cake today grin

hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 00:13:17

lol, ok its not just me then, Im currently working my way through a lemon iced sponge, for breakfast, I had a white belgium chocolate cake thing.

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 00:58:38

You enjoy it eat what you want you deserve it all av wanted is ice cubes ha but I have eat loads of sweet stuf to why not x

whatsoever Mon 24-Sep-12 01:27:34

I'm normally a savoury gal but I have eaten sweet stuff by the bucketload this pregnancy.

Just hoping my tastes got back to normal post-birth as we always have biscuits in the house as DH loves them (and is super skinny) so they'll be hard to resist.

greenbananas Mon 24-Sep-12 06:29:52

I have craved diet coke on a couple of occasions, and I don't normally drink the stuff. I agree about cravings possibly being linked to dietary deficiencies, but surely there is nothing good in diet coke that I can possibly need confused

Enjoy your cake!

kellestar Mon 24-Sep-12 19:48:34

I couldn't get enough of fishfingers when pg with DD. I really don't like fish, it's a texture thing. I'd be shuddering while eating it, yet it's what my baby wanted. It's her favourite meal now! I couldn't eat chocolate though. I love wispa's and I could have been eating a wax candle, just no joyful chocolateyness. I haven't had a passion for chocolate since DD [she's now 1.10].

I'm pg with DC2 [10w] and no cravings so far.

Ollibobs Mon 24-Sep-12 19:59:03

hihohiho you sound just like me! I'm 9+5 and for a while there all I wanted was cake, cake, cake! I'm normally a savoury girl, but I was even daydreaming about cake and the more buttercream frosting the better...

terilou87 Mon 24-Sep-12 20:48:09

im also usually a savoury kind of gal but mmm..... chocolate concrete and custard school dinner type nom nom nom

suppose it is a little cheaper than fish and chips from the sea side which was what i was craving when i had my girls. and with my first boy it was magnum icecream the truffle one. grin

SammyFirstBaby Mon 24-Sep-12 21:16:14

Same!!
Chocolate doughnuts, chocolate yougurt, chocolate rice cakes.
Spent 23 quid on cravings today.
It was only 2 days ago it was jacket potatoe and cheese!

hihohiho Mon 24-Sep-12 21:34:42

glad its not just me grin

MrsJohnDeere Mon 24-Sep-12 21:42:17

Normally I love cake, biscuits, chocolate, etc, but now pg I've gone off them shock. All I want to eat are ice cubes, oranges, and fish!

Bunnychan Tue 25-Sep-12 19:10:59

I threw away half of my slice of chocolate cake today. I usually love chocolate and sweet things but I'm not fussed by them at the mo. I wouldn't say it's an aversion, more that it no longer hits the spot. I keep fancying veg and gravy but it's not an intense craving :-) x

DangerMousey Tue 25-Sep-12 20:48:53

I am 30+3 and after a first trimester where I could only eat boiled potatoes due to horrendous nausea, I have spent the whole second trimester craving, nay fantasizing about cake. I sit at my desk all morning imagining what delicious cakey treat I am going to have with my (otherwise healthy) lunch that day.

I have developed a particular taste for Gregg's YumYums, gooey white chocolate cookies from the Sainsbury's bakery, iced donuts, victoria sponge. Nomnomnomnom. Not all on the same day, mind!

Alas as I am now into the third trimester, my stomach is getting squished and there's not so much room for sweeeeet delicious caaaaaake sad

ivanapoo Tue 25-Sep-12 22:30:02

I've been treating cake as a key food group. I basically have to eat it every day.

xmasevebundle Tue 25-Sep-12 23:26:07

My chip shop down my road does battered mars bars, i always get one when i go for a walk to the shop next to it.

I walk to the shop most days, today i wanted a super cripsy bacon sarnie so off i walked to the shop!

Badgerina Tue 25-Sep-12 23:50:20

Today I discovered a recipe on the Internet. A Nigella Lawson recipe: Bacon Brownies. I shit you not. Guess what I'm going to be baking tomorrow...

kellestar Wed 26-Sep-12 08:39:49

Bacon brownies... Mmmm...

I found a recipe for Bacon Jam.

AnneH656 Wed 26-Sep-12 13:15:04

oo! pre prepared sandiwish filler! i just finished off the pot. its supposed to be for DDs packed lunches..... man i had bacon and egg one the other day LUSH yet fcking disgusting really - mashed up egg and bacon in mayo???

oh and i salivate at just the thought of any strong DIY smell i.e. wood varnish, WD40, paint. it smelt of varnish when i walked into QD the other day (yep QD. class) and i nearly cried with happiness.

what is that??

GuybrushThreepwodWasHere Wed 26-Sep-12 13:56:36

I felt bad for a little bit for making DH go out to get me jam roly poly last week grin

But now I want chocolate cake and a glass of wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now