Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twins

(29 Posts)
Natalietwins Sun 23-Sep-12 23:09:24

Hya any1 pregnant with twins, I am 34weeks and finding it really hard, I can not sit still get comfy, sometimes I cry for hrs because I want them out never bin in so much pain in my life feel like there never going to come any words of advise girls x

Natalietwins Sun 23-Sep-12 23:28:34

O and am having 2girls x

bellabelly Sun 23-Sep-12 23:42:29

Oh dear, you sound really fed up, you poor thing. Have you been given any help (physio/support bands for your bump/etc)? Make sure your GP/midwife knows that you are finding things really painful and see what they can do to help. FWIW, when I was pregnant, it really helped to sleep with a pillow or a rolled up towel between my knees - easier on your joints somehow.

On the plus side, you are nearly full term and though those last few weeks do drag by, soon all the waiting will be over. I know that probably doesn't sound very comforting right now but soon ou'l be holding your 2 little girls and feeling a whole lot better...

Natalietwins Sun 23-Sep-12 23:58:08

Hi bellabelly, yes I aso have spd so they gave me a support belt but even that has become uncomfy, my midwife is great and is wanting to induce me at 36weeks4days but I feel it's never going to come, the girls seem to be pushing down hard and almost feels like they are coming out, I have bin the hospital for a check up and they said am 1cm but not going to go in to labour anytime soon so I really don't no what is happening just fed up now!

bellabelly Mon 24-Sep-12 00:19:19

I remember that feeling very well. Glad you're getting some help for the SPD and have a good midwife. I guess you just need to rest up as much as you can and watch some good tv/dvds to take your mind off it all.

Don't know if you're feeling up to it but when I was pg with my twin boys, very gentle swimming was a massive relief - well until I had to get out of the pool, that bit felt really uncomfortable! But actually in the water was lovely because all that weight of your bump feels really supported.

Good luck with it all!

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 00:33:05

Thanks Hun we are going the baths tomorrow weird ha, I thought it may help could imajine it to be very relaxing just what I need, did you have twins ? x

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 00:55:10

Sorry I just read your post agen twin boys that's lovely is it hard when they arrive?

bellabelly Mon 24-Sep-12 01:42:54

I have twin boys [5 years] and twin girls [just turned 2 years old]. Yes,twins can be hard work but also very lovely! I found it hard to start with because I just didn't know what I was doing! But it DOES get easier as they get older and it's lovely watching them play together (when they're not fighting, that is...) Be prepared for lots of comments from random strangers - people are fascinated by twins for some reason!

gardenpixies32 Mon 24-Sep-12 12:31:40

Hi,

I am also 34 weeks, mine are DCDA girls. I have been ok up until around 30 weeks. Now I am really struggling and finding things hard.

Join us on the Twins thread...

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/multiple_births/1571708-Twins-Club-5-All-welcome?

Celestia Mon 24-Sep-12 14:15:51

Yes I'm 35+3 and had enough now. Mine are both breech so being booked in for a section tomorrow...the end is in sight!

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 18:35:45

Wow 2sets of twins that's amazing, how far did you go with both sets?, I have herd it gets easier as they get bigger I can not wait x

take3 Mon 24-Sep-12 18:35:48

This is probably no comfort but I found the last few weeks of pregnancy very difficult with twins... like you said, just so large and uncomfortable along with the pain of spd. But on a more positive note I just thought it worth saying that it is totally worth it.... and every second it is getting closer to them being born - and you feeling normal again. I found the pregnancy so very difficult... and as a result, looking after 2 newborns seemed very easy compared to carrying them. Much easier out than in was my motto.
With the spd, I found it excruciatingly painful to turn over at night in bed, so instead, I always faced outwards towards the edge of the bed - then, when I needed to sleep on the other side, I changed ends of the bed, by moving my pillow down to the other end, sitting up and lying down, putting my head where my feet were.... still facing outwards. Does that make any sense?! It helped a bit.
You will get there....

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 18:38:22

Garden, when are you getting induced do you no, 34weeks is so hard isn't it am so drained x

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 18:39:41

Celecester, wow you are really at the end congrats x

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 18:47:24

Take3, that is very helpful, all I want is to feel normal agen it feels like am going to be like this forever it's the hardest thing I have ever done and I have coped well untill now, the sleeping is painful turning round feels like am trying to move a house ha, I do get what you mean and I will be trying that tonight thank you, how far did you go full term or? X

take3 Mon 24-Sep-12 19:08:58

I had a c section at 36 weeks as my platelets were dropping daily to v.low levels and I had cholastasis - our girls weighed 6.5 lb each. They are very healthy and happy 6 yr olds now. I was so big by the end - at the start of the pregnancy I weighed 52 kg and by the end I was 84kg! Crazy. Felt so good once they were out and the spd improved over the first few weeks after they were delivered.

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 19:24:53

Wow they was lovely weights, they are hoping to start me of at 36weeks 3days am hopping they don't have to stay in long, I am so big too, seem to be all bump tho I have put 3stone on up to now feel like am going to fall over ha, it's great when you Speke to other twin mums makes me feel better to no that they will arrive and it will be real not just an uncomfy pregnancy ha

bellabelly Mon 24-Sep-12 22:51:20

Natalie, I went to about 38 weeks with both sets, they'd have stayed in longer but I had elective c-sects both times (due to being breech). I think I remember the docs saying that with twins you are considered full term once you make 37 weeks...not sure why!

gardenpixies32 Tue 25-Sep-12 10:03:56

Saw the consultant last week and he has booked me in for a section at 38+0. Babies are big and doing well. Estimated weights at 32 weeks were 5.3 & 4.7! Consultant says my waters will probably go before 38 weeks because of the weight of the bump. Having steroid injection next week at 35+2.

Am fed up. Finding everything so painful at the moment.

Natalietwins Tue 25-Sep-12 13:36:48

Wow Bellababy 38weeks must of bin hard yes my midwife won't let me go past 37weeks says there is no room for them to grow after that point , Gardenpixies32 they are lovely weights at 32weeks mine were 4.5and 4.6 and they said they were over average so your doing really well am sure your waters will go as they are big and might kick there water bag open, 38 weeks is a good time to have them they will be nice and big, I am getting started of in 2weeks they said they will be fine to come out then and will just need steroid injection and will be fine so am happy with that, bet you are fed up me to never cryed so much feel so selfish but I realy am fed up and want them out now but so far am doing well as to getting to my induction date so hopefully goes fast now good luck Hun x

harrygracejessica Tue 25-Sep-12 14:00:40

Im the same as bellababy and have 2 sets of twins too :-) I have 4 year old identical girls and 18 month non identical boys :-) we also have a 5 year old boy too.

I remember finding the girls pregnancy very hard but jeez did I find the boys harder - whether it was because they were bigger or the fact that I was the size of a mountain I'm not sure lol

I didn't get to planned section date with either - girls were 33+3 and boys were 36+5.

Natalietwins Tue 25-Sep-12 14:10:26

Wow two sets as well that's amazing, it will prob be because the boys were bigger that you found it harder because this last week has bin so hard an am thinking its because they are bigger now dreding the next 2weeks, how big we're your boys born, I will be 36 4 days when they start me so could be similar was they kept in hospital? And did your waters just brake with the girls for them to be earlier ?

harrygracejessica Wed 26-Sep-12 12:40:07

Yeah waters broke with both in twin 1.

The boys were 6lb 3 and 6lb 9!!! they were whoppers! The 6lb 3 one was fine and with me straight away but the other one was poorly and needed recuss at birth twice and was on c-pap for his breathing for 2 days so in scbu for 3 days.

Natalietwins Wed 26-Sep-12 15:28:48

Wow they was big. R bless him glad all is well now though I can not wait to meet mine x

Celestia Wed 26-Sep-12 17:33:26

Eeeeps, this talk of big babies and waters going is unnerving me! At my scan yesterday (35+4) their estimated weights were 6lb 1 and 7lb 1. They've been putting on a pound every 2 weeks so could still put on over half a pound each before next Friday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now