Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain at 29 weeks

(2 Posts)
amatuermummy Sat 22-Sep-12 21:08:17

I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and have had some stomach pains this evening. The pain feels like it's in my stomach, not uterus, and seems to coincide with acid/ heartburn but it radiates around my abdomen. I'm also feeling sick. When I lay down it goes off and the baby is still moving as normal. Would you be worried or should I just put it down to indigestion pain? Has anyone else had this?

MummysHappyPills Sat 22-Sep-12 21:14:58

I would call the delivery suite and just ask their advice. I suffered heartburn and reflux that probably started to get really bad about that time. I also had a really nasty vomiting virus at around 28 weeks. They weren't overly concerned, they said the bug itself wouldn't do me any harm, however after a couple of days I had to be admitted to go on a drip as I was dehydrated as I couldn't even hold down water.

So, what I mean is despite feeling the worst I've ever felt, baby was fine! Don't take my word for it though, I would call the mws anyway, especially if you get any bleeding or cramps/contractions.

Fwiw my reflux was so bad, and I think after the bug my tum was particularly sensitive so I saw my gp and I ended up on ranitidine which reduces stomach acid and is safe to take, and that really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now