Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ridiculously tired...

(8 Posts)
18wksplus Sat 22-Sep-12 20:26:59

...at 18wks with #2. #1 is 25m and hard work, but I'm still exhausted beyond words. My eyes hurt with tiredness, and my legs feel like lead.

Not seeing my consultant for another fortnight: shall I ask to be seen early or is this par for the course? Wasn't like this first time around...

JennerOSity Sun 23-Sep-12 04:53:38

Sounds about right to me! I am currently 36 wks with a 27mo ds and despite feeling like superwoman in the second trimester with ds this time it felt much more of a slog. I was getting all crampy / leadlike feelings (in the evening especially) in my legs through 2nd trimester and think the fact you can't rest when you feel like it cos you are still mum to the first makes more of a difference than I expected.

Interestingly I am now almost full term and feel much better! So ime the second pregnancy is going quite differently to the first and in much the same way as you describe you are experiencing.

Hope it improves for you soon. thanks

JennerOSity Sun 23-Sep-12 04:55:38

p.s That said, make sure you are eating well, lots of slow release energy like nuts or porridge etc,getting plenty of iron in your diet and drinking lots - I find if I don't drink enough it makes it much worse.

minipie Sun 23-Sep-12 17:57:31

Iron! I felt knackered at about 24 weeks, blood tests then showed I had low iron, since I started taking spatone I've felt a lot better. Have you had yours tested recently?

LookAtHerGo Sun 23-Sep-12 18:00:39

Have no advice just to say I know exactly how you are feeling. (nearly) 20 weeks pg with twins and a very lively active climbing 12 month old DD. I sit down on one settee and she goes and climbs on the other one!

Hope you get some relief. I could sleep for 12 hours a night given the chance.

18wksplus Sun 23-Sep-12 22:17:12

Ooh Jenner I hope it happens like that! Really scared I'll still be this tired when baby arrives and go into the whole sleepless night thing exhausted!

Haven't had my iron levels tested, but I could probably be eating better definitely. Haven't really adjusted my (very healthy) diet to accommodate the fact that I'm pregnant: probably need to start doing so and treating myself a bit more.

How do people have more than 2?!

milkyjo Sun 23-Sep-12 23:09:46

Because the first born can then help you out with the younger ones? That's my theory/wish! With your first pregnancy you could sit down and not get up, put your feet up and sleep whenever you were at home. Now with toddlers you can't rest until they've gone to bed so you get exhausted. It's amazing what a few minutes rest can feel like!

JennerOSity Mon 24-Sep-12 19:48:02

Goodness Lookathergo - twins bump and a 12mo definitely trumps any tiredness I may have felt! Don't know how you do that - this pregnancy of mine has been timed about right from the point of view that ds was just at the age where I could be picking him up less and explain that I needed him to do more himself - like climb into his car seat so I wasn't lifting him all the time - I take my hat off to you!

Hope your tiredness improves like mine did OP, certainly need to take good care of your body while pregnant especially when you already have one. Good luck one and all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now