Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aching finger and toe joints?!

(6 Posts)
Sastra Sat 22-Sep-12 19:51:08

This is really weird but the last few days or so my hands and feet have been really achy when I bend them. It's especially bad in the morning.

I don't feel particularly swollen, but I'm struggling to get my wedding off where I wasn't before.
Anyone else experienced this? I'm 35 weeks.

whatsoever Sat 22-Sep-12 22:05:15

Carpal tunnel syndrome I reckon. I have the exact thing you're describing but in finger joints and ankles and they are swollen. Asked MW about it at my 36 week appointment and carpal tunnel was her response. Apparently goes post-birth.

I started wearing my rings on a chain just before it started - must have had a premonition!

Sastra Sat 22-Sep-12 22:43:12

So achy and sore! Can you get carpel tunnel in your feet too?

Nancy54 Sun 23-Sep-12 08:41:53

yeah i have had this quite badly for a couple of weeks(am 37+2), especially in hands and kness. I asked midwife about it and shr said it's water retention.

whatsoever Sun 23-Sep-12 23:42:54

No, I don't think it's called carpal tunnel in your toes/feet but its essentially the same thing - swelling from fluid build up causing a trapped nerve which in turn causes numbness/ pain.

I've had trapped nerves in my groin/hips this pregnancy too (meralgia parasthetica) so it's a wonder I have any non-trapped nerves left!

Hope it eases off for you.

Natalietwins Mon 24-Sep-12 00:39:39

I have it and when I wake up my hands are sometimes stuck closed my midwife gave me hand braces for the night try asking for them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now