Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

electric shock in early pregnancy..

(8 Posts)
ditsydoll Sat 22-Sep-12 17:55:44

I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant and iv just got a shock off the oven. Just a small shock off the gas ignition that lasted a second or two and i only felt it in my finger, no burn or anything.

Does anyone know if this is dangerous to my baby?

Called NHS direct and they offered almost no advice and said if i started having heart palpataions or any other symptoms i should go to A&E.

anyone had a shock in early pregnancy?

Badgerina Sat 22-Sep-12 18:40:28

Do you mean a static shock like you get from supermarket trollies or metal doors???

noblegiraffe Sat 22-Sep-12 18:43:28

From the sounds of it it wasn't even dangerous to your finger so I expect your baby will be fine.

ditsydoll Sat 22-Sep-12 19:05:04

It was just from the ignition bit...

bureni Sat 22-Sep-12 19:06:30

Harmless, no current involved just a high voltage so nothing to worry about.

materrules Sat 22-Sep-12 19:20:39

I had this and rang midwives in a panic- they laughed at me ( in a nice way!) and said not to worry, hope that helps x

PagingDrFaggot Sat 22-Sep-12 19:29:05

I blew myself across a room from a faulty plug at 4 weeks pregnant . DS is unharmed ( although he does have seriously curly hair grin)

ditsydoll Sat 22-Sep-12 19:43:40

Thanks ladies. Feel a lot better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now