Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would someone please come and share our absolute disbelief with us please!?

(20 Posts)
12ylnon Sat 22-Sep-12 16:16:17

We are totally shell shocked, i think DP and i need a really good slap...
We're pregnant, i can't believe it.

We've been trying for two years, had one miscarriage right at the start and i was recently given my last 6 months worth of clomid to last me until feb, then they could do nothing else for us (we have a DS already).
We had sex once this month.... once.... I was just so sick and tired of trying, we thought giving it a rest for a month would be a good idea. Considering that i'd been charting like a loon for the past year and a half and getting in as much sex as poss on fertile days, this was quite a change for us.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, have done two tests with two pos results.
The funny thing is, it couldn't have come at a worse time, but such is life and we'll deal with it. We just can't believe it!

Littleplasticpeople Sat 22-Sep-12 16:18:58

grin lovely, congratulations!

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Sat 22-Sep-12 16:21:02

That's fantastic! Well done to you both smile

Yama Sat 22-Sep-12 16:23:01

Great stuff 12Nylon. Just lovely.

emsyj Sat 22-Sep-12 16:23:07

shock shock shock

Will that do? grin

thanks Congratulations.

juneau Sat 22-Sep-12 16:23:42

thanks

Congratulations!

There's never a 'good time' IME, but somehow it all works out.

Badgerina Sat 22-Sep-12 16:26:02

Yay! grin Well done! grin

flutterbynight Sat 22-Sep-12 16:27:03

grin congratulations!

Finbert Sat 22-Sep-12 16:34:13

Massive congratulations!!! grin

rainand Sat 22-Sep-12 16:35:42

Yaaayyyy such great news, many congratulations! smile

Thumbwitch Sat 22-Sep-12 16:37:28

congratulations! thankswine (Non-alcoholic, of course! wink)

sparklekitty Sat 22-Sep-12 16:46:26

Aaahhh, congrats. Thats great news. I've heard it said quite a bit that couples have got pregnant on the month they gave 'trying' a break.

HaveALittleFaith Sat 22-Sep-12 16:59:05

We were in a similar boat - I was losing enough weight to get on the IVF waiting list so we had stopped worrying too much about it all. We'd been TTC for 2 yeras 8 months. Had sex around twice the right time. Low and behold, that's the month I got the BFP!

Why not have a look here which is a thread for those of us under 12 weeks with our first pregnancy! Congratulations! smile

12ylnon Sat 22-Sep-12 17:46:21

Congratulations faith !
Cheers guys! I agree juneau ...

whatsoever Sat 22-Sep-12 18:09:15

Congrats OP!

It might feel like a bad time now, but luckily you've got 8 months for the situation to get better smile

thebabywife Sat 22-Sep-12 20:11:55

Aaah wonderful news!!!

bionic77 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:55:42

Just seen this and thought I'd post. Massive congratulations to you both. I can share your disbelief as I've just found out I'm pregnant two weeks before starting IVF. Like you we'd been trying for 2 years and had pretty much given up on the chances of getting pregnant naturally. We had sex twice and low and behold it did the trick.

It did take ages to actually believe it was real. So much so I did another test a week later as I weirdly thought I must have dreamt it!

Anyway well done and good luck!!! x

Bunbaker Wed 26-Sep-12 19:06:59

Congratulations. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Just one small thing We're pregnant. No you are pregnant, your partner isn't. Sorry.

newtonupontheheath Wed 26-Sep-12 19:07:37

Congratulations... That is lovely news smile

Hope you are feeling sick as a dog quiet soon wink grin

dueatxmas Wed 26-Sep-12 19:18:33

Congratulations grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now