Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Passed my due date...

(4 Posts)
FirstTimeMumma Sat 22-Sep-12 13:35:02

Hi all! Slightly disapointed that i am now officially passed my due date(40+3) and hoping little one makes an apearance sooner rather than later! Anybody else out there said bye bye to there date? Have started the endless walking up and down the stairs to try and help things along but nothing so far! Some eviction tips would be greatly appreciated grin

Nigglenaggle Sat 22-Sep-12 14:40:21

Well I hate to break it to you but nothing (and I mean nothing! I tried them all!!) will work. Baby will come when he/she is induced ready sad I can only offer you sympathy as someone who was induced at 42weeks. My theory is the people who tried things that worked only succeeded in advancing their labour by 24hrs or so (but hey by that stage you take what you can get) I had two membrane sweeps, tried walking (until I was too big to move), curry, raspberry leaf tea, yoga, sex, pineapples, jumping up and down.... nada. My best advice is to avoid facebook - I couldnt even play the games on there without someone asking if I was in labour - why yes, thats why Im playing Mahjong!!!

bunnysmummy Sat 22-Sep-12 14:48:30

Don't be disappointed, it will come and when it does it's like a baby train hitting you at full speed.
I know it's a bit of a cliche but enjoy your last days of freedom.
Go out for dinner tonight, go have tea and cake in a little cafe that doesn't have room for pushchairs and otherwise put your feet up and save your energy.
Good luck.

I went 10 days over with DD. Tried everything.

As soon as I gave up, relaxed, stopped thinking about it and resigned myself to being induced labour started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now