Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often do you get Braxton Hicks?

(12 Posts)
BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 21-Sep-12 18:09:09

Been having them on and off for a couple of weeks.

Today I've had over a dozen!

Never had them with previous pregnancies.

I'm 34 weeks. Anyone else?

iwishiwasalittlebitfitter Fri 21-Sep-12 18:10:51

I am 37 weeks and I don't think I had any....

EarnestDullard Fri 21-Sep-12 18:16:33

I didn't have any with DD (unless I just didn't notice them) but this time round I've had them on and off for the past 2 weeks (currently 37+6). Some days it's one or two, other days it's been every 5 mins for an hour or two (mostly at night).

OctoberOctober Fri 21-Sep-12 20:20:58

I'm 37 weeks and think I have only had them once a couple of days ago. Was wondering why I hadn't had them and I haven't felt them since, but I guess some people just don't get / feel them?

ellangirl Fri 21-Sep-12 20:31:41

I get them most days and have done since 14 weeks ish (second pregnancy and I'm 35+3). Some days if I do a lot they get quite strong, not exactly painful but enough to make me stand still for a minute and breathe a bit slower. Don't remember them being at all strong in first pregnancy, but friend who is pregnant with number 5 said that hers have got stronger with each pregnancy do def think that is a factor.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 21-Sep-12 20:48:10

Thanks for the replies.

Not had any before in previous pregnancies and they are so uncomfortable at times I have to stop what I'm doing for a minute.

Must be normal. Good luck with your babies ladies

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 21-Sep-12 21:10:31

I didn't notice any with DC1 but have had loads this time. I nearly called delivery suite the other day because they were happening every minute for nearly an hour and I had backache from slobbing on the sofa. I'm 36 weeks.

ivanapoo Sat 22-Sep-12 00:29:47

I'm 28 weeks and have had maybe 5/6 pretty painless ones per day for past few weeks. At least I think it's BH...!

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 22-Sep-12 17:17:25

I've not had any yet, and I'm 35 weeks.

sparklekitty Sat 22-Sep-12 17:34:54

I'm 39 weeks and been having lots recently. Reckon I've had more than 10 easily today. Think it really is a personal thing and depends on each pregnancy

Trazzletoes Sat 22-Sep-12 17:37:39

I used to get them every day from about 28 weeks, often as strong as early contractions. Had them while being monitored at the hospital once and they thought I was in early labour. They were strong and VERY regular. Always worth getting them checked if they're like that though as you never know.

Trazzletoes Sat 22-Sep-12 17:38:23

Oh, and they would go on for HOURS, like every 4 minutes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now