Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How often do you get Braxton Hicks?

(12 Posts)
BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 21-Sep-12 18:09:09

Been having them on and off for a couple of weeks.

Today I've had over a dozen!

Never had them with previous pregnancies.

I'm 34 weeks. Anyone else?

iwishiwasalittlebitfitter Fri 21-Sep-12 18:10:51

I am 37 weeks and I don't think I had any....

EarnestDullard Fri 21-Sep-12 18:16:33

I didn't have any with DD (unless I just didn't notice them) but this time round I've had them on and off for the past 2 weeks (currently 37+6). Some days it's one or two, other days it's been every 5 mins for an hour or two (mostly at night).

OctoberOctober Fri 21-Sep-12 20:20:58

I'm 37 weeks and think I have only had them once a couple of days ago. Was wondering why I hadn't had them and I haven't felt them since, but I guess some people just don't get / feel them?

ellangirl Fri 21-Sep-12 20:31:41

I get them most days and have done since 14 weeks ish (second pregnancy and I'm 35+3). Some days if I do a lot they get quite strong, not exactly painful but enough to make me stand still for a minute and breathe a bit slower. Don't remember them being at all strong in first pregnancy, but friend who is pregnant with number 5 said that hers have got stronger with each pregnancy do def think that is a factor.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 21-Sep-12 20:48:10

Thanks for the replies.

Not had any before in previous pregnancies and they are so uncomfortable at times I have to stop what I'm doing for a minute.

Must be normal. Good luck with your babies ladies

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 21-Sep-12 21:10:31

I didn't notice any with DC1 but have had loads this time. I nearly called delivery suite the other day because they were happening every minute for nearly an hour and I had backache from slobbing on the sofa. I'm 36 weeks.

ivanapoo Sat 22-Sep-12 00:29:47

I'm 28 weeks and have had maybe 5/6 pretty painless ones per day for past few weeks. At least I think it's BH...!

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 22-Sep-12 17:17:25

I've not had any yet, and I'm 35 weeks.

sparklekitty Sat 22-Sep-12 17:34:54

I'm 39 weeks and been having lots recently. Reckon I've had more than 10 easily today. Think it really is a personal thing and depends on each pregnancy

Trazzletoes Sat 22-Sep-12 17:37:39

I used to get them every day from about 28 weeks, often as strong as early contractions. Had them while being monitored at the hospital once and they thought I was in early labour. They were strong and VERY regular. Always worth getting them checked if they're like that though as you never know.

Trazzletoes Sat 22-Sep-12 17:38:23

Oh, and they would go on for HOURS, like every 4 minutes...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: