Talk

Advanced search

Triage uncontactable!

(5 Posts)
flutterbynight Fri 21-Sep-12 17:04:48

For the past two hours on and off I have been trying to get hold of labour ward triage about spotting and period type cramps (at 34 weeks). The number has repeatedly rung out until I get cut off after a few minutes. Community midwives and antenatal clinic not answering either.

I've spoken to triage at another hospital in the trust, but should I follow up with my hospital about not being able to get through? It's made me a bit nervous should I need them in future! I thought triage was a dedicated service and they didn't get called away to other things? Obviously if no one was answering because they're needed elsewhere then I understand that, but where does that leave others in need of urgent advice, especially when no one else is around!

Marmiteisyummy Fri 21-Sep-12 17:51:51

Worth mentioning at your next midwife appt at least.
If you have trouble again, just phone the main hospital switchboard and tell them you can't get through to triage, explain its urgent and can they stay on the line til the call connects. Switchboard will have all sorts of additional numbers to try.
Very rubbish though that you couldn't get through, I'd be furious.
Hope whatever the problem is has settled down.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 21-Sep-12 17:59:38

Have you actually been there in person? If not, that's where I'd be heading now. You can explain about the phones then and they can check you out.

blondieminxwithGOLDandORANGE Fri 21-Sep-12 18:02:57

What peasant said.

Go and get checked over, and mention the phones while there. And follow up with your mw and GP about the phones, that's terrible.

flutterbynight Fri 21-Sep-12 18:04:08

Thank you, will definitely mention it at my next midwife appt. I haven't been in as triage at the other hospital said it sounded like a bit of cervical erosion and that I'd only need to phone back if the spotting developed or the cramps were continuous/ felt like labour pains. I thought cramps could be labour pains! Ho hum. The spotting was miniscule and no cramps for quite a few hours now so think I'll just phone back if there are any more developments - and go in if I don't get through in that circumstance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now