Talk

Advanced search

can i use Bonjela

(4 Posts)
kirdy Fri 21-Sep-12 14:04:25

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and im bad pain with wisdom tooth rubbing my gum and causing an ulcer can I use Bonjela to ease the pain of it as im struggling to even drink without being in pain :-(

flutterbynight Fri 21-Sep-12 17:33:35

The NHS website says to seek medical advise before using bonjela if you're pregnant. I'm prone to mouth ulcers and have found corsodyl mouthwash quite effective - I think that says on the label it's safe in pregnancy (though worth double checking - I don't have a bottle handy!) It can leave you with a funny taste in your mouth, but probably worth it! Otherwise I've heard of gargling with warm, salty water but never tried it myself!

PipIsOutNow Fri 21-Sep-12 17:42:28

I had a horrendous mouth ulcer and asked a pharmacist about bonkers and she said I couldnt use it. She also recommended corsodyl mouthwash is wear by it for wisdom teeth as it will also help prevent any infection as I'm quite prone to infections when my wisdom teeth start playing up

kirdy Fri 21-Sep-12 17:42:34

Ok thanks I will give it a go xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now