Talk

Advanced search

Blood Pressure Reading

(5 Posts)
lauraloo09 Fri 21-Sep-12 10:51:45

Hiya just looking for some advice
i'm 29+2 and i have been up al night with a pulsating feeling in my arm, where you can actually see my arm jump at each pulse and this feeling spread into my bump at first i thought it was baby kicking but its not the same feeling iykwim.
I have a blood pressure monitor in the house and decided to use it this morning and it was 139/56 can anyone advise if this is low or high or normal? over the night my fingers in my right arm have became swollen which i know is normal just worried about this blood pressure reading.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 21-Sep-12 10:55:58

You need to call your local delivery suite straight away and get checked out.

Whether that blood pressure is normal or not depends on your base line reading (your blood pressure at your booking appointment).

EdMcDunnough Fri 21-Sep-12 10:59:57

I don't know how normal it is, sorry - the cystolic looks high and the diastolic pretty low.

Mine is normally around 80/40 which is practically dead.

The swelling and pulsating thing doesn't sound right though. I'd go and be seen today I think.

paperclips Fri 21-Sep-12 11:58:11

Definitely get it checked out. What you describe, swelling, pulsating, swolllen fingers etc sounds concerning regardless of the BP reading. Let us know what they say.

If you look at your maternity notes it should say what your BP was at your last few appointments. Blood Pressure reading alone is not that useful unless you know what is normal for you... Any particular changes in it would be worrying. Systolic of 139 is generally fairly high but might be normal for some people.

MooLL Fri 21-Sep-12 20:13:07

Echo everyone else - when it comes to bp get it checked. I got preeclampsia with my dd1 @32 weeks and was picked by accident - definitely put your mind at rest and get it checked ... It's fine either way - you will just be monitored

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now