Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting

(25 Posts)
woody17 Fri 21-Sep-12 10:26:08

Just wondering how many people on here had some spotting in early pregnancy but everything turned out to be ok?

Sheldonella Fri 21-Sep-12 11:21:30

I did at about 8 weeks. I've had scans since then showing all is fine. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 21-Sep-12 11:25:35

I did, but only old (brown) blood. I also had awful cramps up to about 8 weeks.

surprise11871 Fri 21-Sep-12 11:26:52

I had brown spotting at 10 weeks had a scan and baby was jumping like a bouncing bean i am now 27 weeks on sunday and he/she is perfect so far.

minipie Fri 21-Sep-12 11:42:45

Me. Spotting when wiping after the loo. Had it at about 6, 8, 10, 11, 14 and 17 weeks! Lots of scans and no bleeding shown on any scan. Think it is my cervix probably even though they couldn't see anything there when they looked. Nothing since and I am now 29 weeks and all is well <touches wood>

mrsbugsywugsy Fri 21-Sep-12 12:36:31

Me too, I had pink and brown spotting every few weeks early on. I also had early scans which confirmed everything was well - I suspect it was my cervix but it has never been confirmed.
I had my 20 week scan this week and everything was fine.

BuntyCollocks Fri 21-Sep-12 12:45:53

With DS I had a massive bleed at 6 weeks, and brown spotting from then to 13 weeks. He is perfect.

Secondsop Fri 21-Sep-12 14:15:27

I've had brown spotting all the way through, pretty much, and am 28 weeks now. I also had some pink/ red which they thought might be down to my low-lying placenta.

I know how worrying it can be as I had a previous miscarriage where the first symptom was brown spotting. But my current pregnancy shows that not only does it differ from woman to woman, it can also differ between pregnancies for the same woman.

sammywamm Fri 21-Sep-12 16:24:45

ive had bleeding more then spotting at 30 weeks sad very scary so rushed to hospital they monitored the baby for an hour everything was fine n they sent me home saying its very common for some women and nothing to worry about, just hope theyre right.

woody17 Fri 21-Sep-12 20:31:32

Thank you all for replying. I had a mc in July and am pg again but having some spotting. Just hoping it'll be ok this time.

sammywamm Fri 21-Sep-12 22:40:55

aww hun hopefully its nothing to worry about, hope all goes well for u x

surprise11871 Sat 22-Sep-12 09:30:35

i'm so sorry for loss and i know how worrying it can be to be pregnant after a miscarriage, i had 2 mmc before this pregnancy so when i started to spot this time i feared the worse luckily tho this time it all worked out ok. Sending you virtual hugs and i hope it works out ok for you this time and congratulations. Here if you need to talk your worries away x

woody17 Sat 22-Sep-12 11:28:35

Having red blood now when I wipe so think it's all over.

Thank you for all the replies.

surprise11871 Sat 22-Sep-12 11:54:27

can you ring the epu and see if they could see you find out whats going on i know for me it was the not knowing for definite what was happening that made dealing with it harder in the beginning. big hugs and really hoping for you. x

TwinMummy30 Sat 22-Sep-12 12:05:48

I had fresh red blood RUNNING down my legs, after couple of days turned browinish reddish. I was 5.5 weeks when started and finished a few days before my 13 week scan. Was pregnant with twins! and was told to take it easy as none of them might survive. They will be 5 in January smile so fingers crossed for you and big hugs

TurquoiseTranquility Sat 22-Sep-12 17:58:39

Hi woody17, how are you feeling now? Have you seen a doctor?
So far as I'm aware, unless you're having cramps, or your bleeding is intensifying, or your pregnancy symptoms have suddenly vanished, you may still be ok even if it's red blood.

I had spotting while pg with DS, at 9 and 11 weeks, had scans both times and luckily it turned out fine. He's almost 3 now. I was very worried then as I'd previously had a mc.

6 weeks pg again and spotting again, quite a bit more than last time but having no cramps and my nausea and tiredness are still with me. So hopefully it's all good now, although I'm worried of course sad

Back when I did miscarry, my pg symptoms had all suddenly stopped some 12-24 hours before, and I didn't have any brown spotting, just red blood straight away which got heavy within half an hour and I started having bad cramps soon after, too.

Don't give up, even if it's bad news, you don't seem to have any problem conceiving so hopefully you'll be a mum before too long hugs

woody17 Sun 23-Sep-12 13:09:58

Hi - thank you for replying.

It's definitely a mc - the spotting turned to bleeding with very painful cramps and I started passing clots. Did a pg test yesterday afternoon and again this morning and they were both -ve so it all happened very quickly.

I kind of feel like there was something wrong this time from the start. I was spotting for a while before I got the +ve test and the lines were never very strong. I just didn't have the same symptoms as last time.

Thanks for all your messages. Hopefully, it'll be third time lucky!

Secondsop Sun 23-Sep-12 13:26:05

Sorry to hear this Woody. It sounds like your body is getting your hormone levels back to normal very quickly though so I really hope it all works out for you in future x

woody17 Sun 23-Sep-12 13:31:07

Thank you - I really hope it's third time lucky.

Secondsop Sun 23-Sep-12 14:12:07

I've had one miscarriage, and the doctor told me that of their recurrent miscarriage (3+) clinic, over 80% do end up with a baby. So the odds really are in your favour.

woody17 Sun 23-Sep-12 14:42:04

Thanks just hope I'm not in the other 20%

surprise11871 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:55:51

so sorry to hear that woody virtual hugs coming your way and they do say third times the charm i'm a big believer in that as it has happened for me so hopefully will happen for you.

TurquoiseTranquility Fri 28-Sep-12 22:17:09

Hi woodie, sorry to hear about your loss sad I was just reading up on early pregnancy services, and one thing I found out is that most (all?) NHS early pg units offer scans to ladies who have had 2+ miscarriages. You do need to be referred by your GP though. There's a list of early pg units on [http://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUs1.asp this website], although i was surprised not to find any of the three of my local units. Which is weird because they are sertainly still functioning.

Otherwise, you could have a scan privately, but that of course costs a bit, I think my local ultrasound clinic charge something in the region of £75 shock

Do ask your GP whether you're eligible for recurrent miscarriage support, I hear these clinics can be a great help.

Best of luck for the future!

TurquoiseTranquility Fri 28-Sep-12 22:18:01

sorry this website

woody17 Sun 30-Sep-12 08:31:12

Thank you turquoise tranquility

I spoke to my gp but they won't really do anything unless you've had 3 as apparently it's so common to have them.

But I have been making some lifestyle changes and have started seeing a homeopath and a acupuncturist so feel positive for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now