Talk

Advanced search

Subchorionic Hemorrhage and bleeding....9 weeks pregnant

(13 Posts)
4evahopeful Sun 16-Sep-12 20:23:43

Hi, I guess I am looking for anyone else who has had or currently has a Subchorionic Hemorrhage to share their story.

I started bleeding (bright red) when I went to the supermarket at just over 5 weeks pregnant. Having suffered pregnancy loss before I was devastated (only my 4th pregnancy out of 6 has been successful). I had a scan and was told I had a bleed next to the pregnancy sac and that the sac had implanted quite far over to the left. I had another couple of bleeds after this and had another u/s at just over 6 weeks, the SCH was still there but so was a lovely flickering heartbeat.

I started bleeding on Thursday night which was a rusty colour (sorry about the detail) and was pleased as all the posts I had seen online said this was positive and the clot may be drying up. The thing is since then the bleeding has turned to red again with small clots and tissue. I have also suffered with a few mild period type cramps. I do have another u/s booked in for tomorrow but what I would like to know is how much bleeding is too much bleeding? Is red blood bad? Is it normal to cramp?

Thanks so much for reading.

kasbah72 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:28:12

I am so sorry you are going through this, you must be terrified.
I have also had several m/c and 2 successful pregnancies. I discovered eventually that i have a blood clotting problem and ended up having a very medicalised (but successful) pg second time around.

To be honest, yes you could be miscarrying and that is awful to happen again. Sometimes I had bleeding miscarriages, sometimes they were missed miscarriages and that was awful too. I really feel for you.

HOWEVER... my absolute worst bleeding with enormous clots and cramps was with my first successful pg, and he is now sleeping upstairs 8 years later. It was horrible to bleed so often and with such big clots and each scan I had I marvelled at the miracle still growing inside me.

Good luck tomorrow, nothing we can say can guarantee anything but sending you lots and lots of sticky baby vibes.

Kelbells Sun 16-Sep-12 21:05:31

Hi Kasbah

I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this but I wanted to give you my story for some hope.

I too have suffered several early MC's (one natural chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks and a MMC at 10 weeks) and am currently 35 weeks pregnant (fingers crossed!).

The day after I got my BFP I had some brown bleeding on and off for a few weeks, I had several early u/s and a heartbeat was detected.. Then, at 10 weeks (the day after we'd been for a private scan as I was so worried after the MMC and needed to know everything was ok) I had a massive bleed, there was so much blood that I had to stand in the shower and just let it flow... I was convinced I was miscarrying sad but a subchorionic haemmorhage was diagnosed. I had a huge bleed almost weekly for the next month and then it stopped for a while (I had a couple more between 22 and 26 weeks)

All the way through the baby has looked fine and developed as expected on every scan, I've had a nightmare pregnancy (a stitch for an incompetent cervix too!) but despite it all it looks like we will get to 40 weeks!

Don't google... It's not your friend and you'll read some scary stuff but on several threads on here and from what I've heard in real life subchorionic haemmorhage generally has a good outcome. I was signed off work for bed rest, there doesn't seem to be much conclusive evidence that it definitively works but I felt happier knowing I was doing everything I could after the previous mc's...

I hope so much that everything goes well and you have a smooth easy pregnancy after this!

Kelbells Sun 16-Sep-12 21:06:33

Sorry! That should have been addresses to you 4evahopeful!!

PickleSarnie Sun 16-Sep-12 21:18:45

Cramping can mean miscarriage but apparently blood of any sort can irritate your insides and cause some cramping.

I had a massive amount of bleeding at about 11 weeks, like a really, really heavy period for two days followed by a week or so of brown blood. My heamatoma was fairly mahoosive. About 9 x9x3cm or something like that.

DS is now 5 weeks old and totally oblivious to all the stress I had whilst he was inside me.

Will fingers crossed all goes well for you x

4evahopeful Sun 16-Sep-12 21:50:46

Thanks for your replies. I am currently sat here trying not to fall apart because each time I go to the loo there are clots. I am just holding onto the thought that this could be caused by the hemorrhage. Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me!

kasbah72 Mon 17-Sep-12 09:01:20

Good luck today 4eva, I hope you managed to get a little bit of sleep.

backwardpossom Mon 17-Sep-12 09:54:19

Good luck today, thinking of you.

4evahopeful Mon 17-Sep-12 11:56:11

Just an update from today. Unfortunately it was not good news, there was no heartbeat this time. The sonographer called in someone else to confirm this. The bleed was almost gone and the pregnancy had moved right into the uterus so had a heartbeat been there it would all have been perfect.

I go back next week for an u/s to see whats going on as I am at high risk having suffered a molar pregnancy before and gestational trophoblastic disease following my 3rd miscarriage (another story completely but both occasions resulted in chemo).

Although I was mostly expecting this outcome today I am still very upset as I don't actually know if I can put myself, my family or my body through this again but I know I want more children.

Thanks you for all your support and for anyone who has a SCH who has read this please do not worry that your pregnancy will be the same as mine as each pregnancy is very different and the consultant is not even sure that the SCH was the reason the heartbeat stopped.

kasbah72 Mon 17-Sep-12 14:39:07

I am so sorry, you must be heartbroken. I hope the next u/s and consultant can help find some answers for you.

backwardpossom Mon 17-Sep-12 16:16:58

I'm sorry x

Kelbells Mon 17-Sep-12 20:34:59

So sorry to hear this.... Hope you're being looked after xx

Hoping4aBetterOutcome Fri 28-Nov-14 04:01:13

I am 6 weeks pregnant with baby number 4, one successful pregnancy. My first one at 18 i went all the way to 39 weeks. My second pregnancy at 21 i got to 22 weeks and had a sleeping baby girl, i had a rare womb infection. After 5 months we got pregnant again I was then 22. At 17 weeks pregnant i was told i had an IC. I again had a sleeping baby girl at 18 weeks. Its been 10 months now an i am 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby, i went to the er last night with cramping an a little brown blood in my panties. I had some tissue when i pee but not much. The doc told me i have a subchorionic hemorrhage, and it will more than likely pass. But coming from experience i know that i can not get a cerclage with bleeding and i know that i am ony 6 weeks and have 6 weeks to go before i get the surgery done, I guess i am just wondering if anyone can help me. Has anyone else gone through the same thing, can you still get a cerclage done with a SCH?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now