Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I just can't get enough of....

(59 Posts)
JennerOSity Wed 12-Sep-12 12:41:24

Radishes! Lots and lots of radishes.

Their crispy crunchiness, refreshing juicy flavour and gentle hot after-kick on the tongue have me coming back for more constantly. I think the home-shopper pickers in my asda must think I am weird as I buy enough for the whole street.

I am also having a small affair with rice-crispies but not in comparison to radishes.

Come and tell me your 'can't-get-enough-of's' and why ya love'em. grin

KentuckyFriedChildren Wed 12-Sep-12 12:56:11

Ice cubes. I am trying to avoid this time as I have terrible sensitive teeth after eating so much with my other two. I literally ate about 4kg of ice cubes per day! Doesn't stop me wanting it though... sad

PragmaticWench Wed 12-Sep-12 12:56:52

Ice lollies or slush puppies when it's hot. The first trimester it was dim-sum, and I actually walked out of the supermarket and drove home sobbing when they once ran out. blush

I'm pretty sure neither have been proper cravings, just hormonally-influenced obsessions.

KentuckyFriedChildren Wed 12-Sep-12 12:57:17

Oh and I think its the crunch and the cold that makes it so good. Not like ice tastes of anything grin

soapnuts Wed 12-Sep-12 12:59:01

apples - I bought a 20kg box three weeks ago and i'm nearly finished them... yum.... think i might go and get one now actually...

.... oh and fruit and nut - have just wolfed a whole big bar... not so good!

sammyleh Wed 12-Sep-12 13:33:26

Crunchy Nut Cornflake and Jalapenos smile Mmmmmm

ShushBaby Wed 12-Sep-12 13:45:14

Have never had a pregnancy craving (am now 31 weeks into second pregnancy)

HaveALittleFaith Wed 12-Sep-12 14:48:54

Milk! I'm drinking loads. Last night I had 2 pints in succession!

JennerOSity Wed 12-Sep-12 14:53:59

Pragmatic sobbing over no dim-sum, that is one heck of a desire!

Sammyleh Is that in the same bowl, all at once, or seperately <waits to be impressed> grin

Kentucky 4 Kg - Wow! You must have been sooooo well hydrated too - bonus! Didn't know eating ice actually made your teeth sensitive. My radish thing is a lot to do with the crunch I think.

minipie Wed 12-Sep-12 14:59:53

Cereal - I think it's the combination of milk and carbs... I wouldn't say it's a craving though as I've always loved cereal, more that I now have an excuse to have some whenever I fancy.

sammyleh Wed 12-Sep-12 15:58:37

JennerOSity Thankfully not in the same bowl! but Jalapenos go on everything BUT cereals I have to admit. I cant get enough of them tingling my tongue!

InchyInchy Wed 12-Sep-12 15:59:35

Pineapple and cheese all together in one big bowl! I can't get enough.

KentuckyFriedChildren Wed 12-Sep-12 20:06:24

It doesn't usually but I think I was just eating so much it wore through the enamel a bit as its hard? I was certainly well hydrated grin I also had a thing for peanuts and cold toast. I think crunchy food is my general preggo thing. This is my third winter baby so perhaps the ice craving has something to do with being hot and pregnant all through summer.

Alibobster Wed 12-Sep-12 21:06:45

Fizzy water!

JennerOSity Wed 12-Sep-12 21:38:08

Alibobster OOOoooo yes! Me too - I had forgotten I am guzzling fizzy water by the gallon - I have a minimum 2 litres a day, more if possible!

Kentucky YYY - the hot and pregnant thing! I have SPD and have a girdle belt to wear to hold my hips together, add to that the maternity clothing tummy cummerbund thing and my inbuilt baby heat-pod, and you have one hot and bothered mum-to-be <phew>. Yes can imagine maybe it was an enamel wearing out thing.

Inchyinchy I have to ask - what kind of cheese? Is it chunks of tinned pineapple and cheddar, like a 70's party hedgehog-thingy? grin Pineapple is supposed to help instigate labour naturally so maybe there is method to the madness.

JennerOSity Wed 12-Sep-12 21:40:05

Sammyleh - I hope for your sake <whispers> piles are not one of your pregnancy issues given your current jalapeno obsession! Arf!

milkyjo Wed 12-Sep-12 22:58:00

Gherkins! Clichéd? I loved them before anyway but I have eaten a massive jar in two days! Also pickled onions if there are no gherkins left. And Greek yogurt but not together!

torbay73 Thu 13-Sep-12 10:10:15

Bread. Started in early pregnancy but theme has continued.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Thu 13-Sep-12 10:27:21

Watermelons in tri 1 (would eat at least a third of a melon every day), yoghurt in tri 3 (I eat at least one 450g pot a day) and fizzy water all throughout grin

Celestia Thu 13-Sep-12 11:20:47

Tropical Jubblies! When the weather was hot, I'd get through a box per day blush. Also milk and sniffing Fairy fabric conditioner confused.

Gingerpanther27 Fri 14-Sep-12 14:37:40

celestia lols at the fairy I must admit my ariel smells a lot more appealing than usual

I've been eating quavers and fried eggs together shock blush that's not normal.... Ooh and ginger nuts started out for nausea now can't get enough of em grin

iwishiwasalittlebitfitter Fri 14-Sep-12 14:43:16

Sugar sugar sugar in all its forms.... chocolate, biscuits, cakes, sweets, anything.... but I am not sure it is a craving.... being pregnant is just an good excuse.

Sleep!

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Fri 14-Sep-12 16:45:02

Does gaviscon count?

BikeRunSki Fri 14-Sep-12 16:46:45

Last year it was Mini Cheddars for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now