Advanced search

Very faint BFP at 19dpo - anyone have similar and a good outcome ?...

(60 Posts)
gomurray Sat 01-Sep-12 18:20:12

I had a Chemical Pregnancy/early MC in June so am now freaking out as yet again this "pregnancy" does not look straightforward. My LP is usually 11 days so am now over a week late. I chart my BBT so I know exactly when I OV'd. I tested at 13dpo and 15dpo but BFN so I called my GP and handed in a FMU sample - she tested it at 18dpo (yesterday) and called me and said that I am definitely PG as she used an "accurate" test. However she did mention that she had to ask someone else to double check so it can't have been the most obvious line.... So this morning I tested using a CB and I got a very very faint line (just like in June). I also did a CBD and it said "pregnant 1-2 weeks". I would have expected it to say 2-3 weeks by now so am not hopeful at the moment. I am definitely "feeling PG" as am very tired, have achy b00bs on and off and waves of nausea. I know what being PG feels like as have a DS and I lost a baby at 20 weeks PG last year.

I am so desperate for this to work out but just have a nagging doubt that if all was well I would have had a strong line by now....

Anyone have any similar stories to share, even if not positive I'd like to hear them - I am trying to be honest with myself as I don't want to get my hopes up yet again only for more disappointment but by the same token I would love to know that it could work out positively.

HaveALittleFaith Sat 01-Sep-12 19:21:14

Hello, I'm Faith, I've seen you around. I'm sorry for your loss last year. no wonder you're nervous.
I would I am going go day by day. Today, you are pregnant. I had a chemical pregnancy and must confess to having done a further 9 tests since the first BFP because I can't quite trust it! But 19dpo is pretty good going if your LP is only usually 11.

PickledMoomin Sat 01-Sep-12 19:29:13

Hello lovely. I've just come across this and am here to hold your hand. Can I have a FF chart link please? I think you've ov'd later than you think. Did you have what you thought was an implantation dip? What's the next step with GP? EPU?
I remember being where you are now, and it took me such a long time to believe that things could be okay. Stay strong and away from google!

gomurray Sat 01-Sep-12 19:56:58

Thanks ladies - appreciate your support.

here is a link to my chart - ov is pretty conclusive:

No sign of an imp dip (I thought possibly 13dpo but then had same temp on 17dpo so prob not.) Am just desperate for positive stories that make me believe it could work - ATM am not hopeful. You are so right about google Moomin it is driving me insane ! I have a spa day tmrw and my treatment is a mud body mask that involves going into a steam room - will have to sit it out just in case - I will be so extra pissed off if end up MCing a few days later sad

PickledMoomin Sat 01-Sep-12 20:13:44

I'm not convinced. Is there any chance you could have had a dodgy temp? Any alcohol or early waking? You've been ov at different times in the month? Your hormones are rising otherwise you wouldn't have had a BFP today on the CBD

gomurray Sat 01-Sep-12 22:32:18

Moomin it wasn't just temps but EWCM strongly indicated that the lines FF gave me regarding Ov are correct. I am absolutely definitely 19dpo today. I had mild cramping a few days ago and was convinced Af on her way but it all passed - same as I had previously when PG. If it weren't for the faint line I'd be happily assuming all fine as the signs are there. However, I have been on MN for long enough to know that the symptoms are caused by the hormones which are clearly present as no AF and high temps continue - unfortunately doesn't mean all going well.
Having hcG levels checked next week so I guess I will know one way or the other by the end of the week - I bloody better as I'm off on holiday the following week and don't need this hanging over me.
Thanks for 'listening' ladies xx

gomurray Sat 01-Sep-12 22:33:53

oh and I should have said I haven't had an alcoholic drink since May and sleep is generally consistent so no reason to think I have had any dodgy temps. PLUS if I had ovulated late I wouldn't be PG as I was away from DP for a few days from the day before I ov'd !!

PickledMoomin Mon 03-Sep-12 08:45:35

How are things?

doblet Mon 03-Sep-12 12:25:41

I spent a fortune on tests with DD because I only ever got a faint line. I gave up testing in the end and 2 years later she is very very real.

gomurray Mon 03-Sep-12 16:18:11

Thanks doblet good to hear. Your story gives me hope albeit I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

Moomin I had bloods taken today. According to GP I spoke to on Fri results will be back within 24 hours - practise nurse this afternoon told me 1 week ! I assume GP right and nurse wrong. I'll chase results tomorrow if I hear nothing by late afternoon. Worryingly the nurse did not think I had to have a 2nd round of bloods taken - arrghhh ! The whole point of checking hcG is to ensure that the levels are rising so 2 sets of blood are tested a day or 2 apart. I'm now a bit worried that GP not used to doing hcG levels as probably dealt with by EPU usually. If I have no joy tomorrow I'll contact EPU and see what they say. I have now started to worry about ectopic as that is one explanation for slow rise in hcG - driving myself mad - really not sure that the internet is helping !!! Also, my biggest concern is that it is sometimes not possible to diagnose ectopic until after 6 weeks and I'm off to Spain for 2 weeks next Thu... I just want to know WTF is going on. I may get an HPT for the morning to see if like any darker...

gomurray Wed 05-Sep-12 19:15:45

Quick update Moomin in case you haven't been on the other thread. hCG levels very low at 5 weeks, 142. Had 2nd set of bloods taken today by GP who shares my worries about ectopic. Will get 2nd blood results tomorrow then she will call consultant when she is back in on Friday. Not looking good at all. Starting to think we will have to cancel holiday to Spain we have booked for next week sad

PickledMoomin Thu 06-Sep-12 07:41:24

Oh FFS. You've already been through enough already.
Look, for now, you're still pregnant and who knows what the results will say today. I'm staying positive for a rise today.
When are you off to Spain?

gomurray Thu 06-Sep-12 10:48:49

next Thursday - we have been investigating options for delaying holiday until next year and booking something else when this situation is resolved - as if we didn't have enough to contend with sad. I will update later with results. Am actually hoping that numbers are lower as it would mean there is a chance if it is ectopic it could resolve itself, albeit with close monitoring.

PickledMoomin Thu 06-Sep-12 11:01:43

Was the GP certain that there was no chance of everything being okay?

IawnCont Thu 06-Sep-12 11:05:35

I'm so so sorry about everything that's happened gomurray. Have no words of wisdom to share, just hand holding.

PickledMoomin Thu 06-Sep-12 20:18:32

Any news? I've been thinking of you

gomurray Thu 06-Sep-12 22:07:59

Levels rising in line with what they would expect for ectopic pg so GP going to speak to gynaecologist tomorrow. Looks as if my quest for baby no 2 is over as prospects of conceiving successfully after this are not good and we had agreed to only try until the end of the year. Am just so, so sad. Planning to put holiday on hold and just get on with dealing with whatever the next few days throws at us. sad Thanks for your support ladies.

PickledMoomin Thu 06-Sep-12 22:15:28

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Please let me know how tomorrow goes. Just take it one day at a time for now.

HaveALittleFaith Thu 06-Sep-12 22:17:43

I'm really sorry to hear that gomurray sad

gomurray Fri 07-Sep-12 16:02:58

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse... Gynaecologist looked at my hCG numers and said she has no reason to believe I have ectopic PG as I have no abdominal pain so just go on holiday and take a PG test when I get back - if in the meantime if I do have pain or bleeding pop in to EPU !!! And how the FUCK do I "pop in" when I'm in Spain ?!!! and how the FUCK do I enjoy 2 weeks in Spain with this hanging over me ?... I am so angry that I have just been dismissed. My GP is supposed to be calling me back but she is apparently aware that I have been fobbed off and clearly there is nothing she can do for me now. The MW who spoke to me was so abrupt and loud that I was in floods of tears - I eventually had to ask her to please stop shouting at me - a complete cow. I asked her if she would be happy going on holiday with a potential ectopic PG and she just kept repeating the line "this has gone to the very top and the consultant believes you have no reason to think this is ectopic". I am sooooo frustrated and actually quite annoyed that my GP is happy to go along with this bag of shit advice. I have started 'bleeding' brown stuff - possibly old blood but more like brown disachargey stuff. The MW said that given I had "only just had a positive test" it was possibly a viable PG - NO I am now 2 weeks late which makes me almost 6 weeks PG and therefore the hCG levels are worryingly low. There seems to be some miscommunication in that they are unaware how far on I am but she wouldn't listen to me spouting some condescending crap about "there is a big window between intercourse and conception and cycle lengths can vary". YES I KNOW but I chart my BBT and know EXACTLY when I o'vd and did not have sex for over 2 weeks after OV therefore I CANNOT have conceived 2 weeks later than I think - arrghhhhh !!!! After almost half an hour of breaking my heart down the phone to the shouty MW she eventually gave me an emergency number to call over the weekend if my bleeding gets heavy or I have any pain.

I sincerely hope the consultant is right and that there is no reason to believe I have an ectopic PG - all I want now is to spontaneously MC and get it over with. I am very unsure about going on holiday though, I guess I just have to continue this Godforsaken waiting game and see what happens over the weekend. sad angry

PickledMoomin Fri 07-Sep-12 16:42:49

What a nightmare for you. Is part of you relieved the consultant thinks the pregnancy is not ectopic? Could you demand an appointment on Monday? And further bloods to see what hormone levels are doing? The GP can insist on this and possibly refer you to someone else. I don't know how much they could see on an ultrasound at this point. I had one with J somewhere around the 6 week mark and it was inconclusive- could you go privately if hospital won't see you? They should do if you mention the brown staining. FWIW, I had some with my mc and when pg with J.

As I said yesterday, one day at a time with the holiday planning. Don't go if you feel it's the wrong thing to do.

I wish I had lots of advice and knowledge to share. I remember being in limbo and it's a bloody horrible place to be. I'll check in again later to see how you are.
Of the GP is concerned she can insist you are seen by

homeaway Fri 07-Sep-12 16:45:30

Can you pay for a private scan and that will show for definite if it is ectopic or not. At five or six weeks an internal scan should show you something. You may have just implanted later ? If you go to Spain make sure you have your social security card or in the UK I think it is your E111 so that you can get free healthcare in Spain. I hope that things go ok for you .

PickledMoomin Fri 07-Sep-12 17:02:57

Ignore the end of my message. I'm on my phone.

gomurray Fri 07-Sep-12 20:49:36

Thanks ladies. I spoke to GP later this afternoon and she is just as annoyed as me as her and the other GP at the practise agree it looks ectopic and wanted me be scanned. She also said that if she were me she would not go on holiday as if something does go wrong I will not be covered by insurance (presumably because it is a pre-existing/known about condition). Gp has advised that I feign stomach pain and go up to hospital over the wknd ! She says she knows it is not the 'right' thing to do but it is the only way they will see me as she cannot overrule the consultant. Spotting is not gathering pace which is frustrating as was hoping this would resolve itself naturally. There is a tiny (twisted) part of me that wants my tube to rupture so that I can go in to the hospital and say "I bloody told you it was ectopic !!!" but in reality I obvioulsy don't want that to happen. Moomin there was a part of me that started to think maybe consultant knew something I didn't (highly likely !) and that maybe she was right... byt having spoken to GP I am now completely convinced that I am just being fobbed off as a fruitcake with a sketchy PG history.
My next plan is to do a CBD in the morning. Given that my levels on Wed were 198 and I have a feeling PG symptoms have diminshed/disappeared since then and spotting started, I am hoping levels have dropped or at least not risen. The CBD measures <200 as 1-2 weeks and >200 as 2-3 weeks so if tomorrow's test still shows 1-2 weeks then I will be happy that levels have not been rising since Weds... otherwise I will know that levels are higher than Weds (albeit it doesn't prove that they are still rising or by how much). I know it is not very scientific but it may help ease my mind - told GP my plan and she agreed worth a try.

PickledMoomin Sat 08-Sep-12 08:47:12

Sounds like sensible advice from the GP. Have you taken the CBD yet? How is the spotting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now