Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else thinking of names yet? - what do you think of...

(169 Posts)
handlemecarefully Fri 19-Dec-03 09:55:42

Sorry this is totally self indulgent and not very interesting for you guys, but would you mind casting a vote on the two options that dh and I have narrowed it down to for our expected ds (due April). Its between:

Scott Spencer Roberts
or
Spencer Scott Roberts

If you don't like either then do say...

Thanks

Angeliz Fri 19-Dec-03 10:00:43

ooh i like them both,,,,can't choose
i think the bottom one sounds a bit more authoritive when he's older!

GladTidings Fri 19-Dec-03 10:09:04

HMC - I like the first one best.... lovely and Scottish.

I am definitely thinking of names. We have decided on Annabelle (Annie) for a girl after DH's Aunt Annie who died 3 months before our wedding.

But boys we just can't agree on! I like slightly different names, DH is more straightforward in his tastes. At the end of the day I'LL decide, but it would be nice if we could agree.

I like:

Harry
Lewis
Adam
Sebastian
Oliver

DH like's:

Charlie
Joe

.....and thats about it!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

KaySleighBells Fri 19-Dec-03 10:09:30

I love the name Scott so I'd go for the top option.

twiglett Fri 19-Dec-03 10:10:42

message withdrawn

twiglett Fri 19-Dec-03 10:13:56

message withdrawn

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 10:15:41

I like Spencer Scott personally! We're also battling over names - if it's a boy it's likely to be Jack Elijah (dp likes Julian - bleugh!), and if it's a girl it's either Annie Willow (after Buffy - I know, but I can't help it...) or Megan something - possibly Elizabeth?

The argument around Annie/Megan is that I think if dd looks 'dark' - dark hair/eyes, then she should be Megan, as Megan is more suited to a girl with dark hair, but dp thinks it's the other way round, and Megans are more blonde!

Completely silly but this is the level of converation dp and I have about babies at the moment!

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 10:21:03

I like Spencer Scott personally! We're also battling over names - if it's a boy it's likely to be Jack Elijah (dp likes Julian - bleugh!), and if it's a girl it's either Annie Willow (after Buffy - I know, but I can't help it...) or Megan something - possibly Elizabeth?

The argument around Annie/Megan is that I think if dd looks 'dark' - dark hair/eyes, then she should be Megan, as Megan is more suited to a girl with dark hair, but dp thinks it's the other way round, and Megans are more blonde!

Completely silly but this is the level of converation dp and I have about babies at the moment!

Hollymaiden Fri 19-Dec-03 10:21:17

I think you are right - Megan's are dark. Cos it is a welsh name, not anglosaxon, and thus unlikely to be blonde. Just my prejudices!

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 10:21:23

oops...

twiglett Fri 19-Dec-03 10:34:21

message withdrawn

WiShuaMerryXmas Fri 19-Dec-03 10:53:28

I think Spencer Scott. I'm not a fan of Scott, but really do like Spencer, so I'd put Scott where it is likely used less often.

GladTidings - Our DD was going to be Charlie Joseph.

Northerner Fri 19-Dec-03 10:56:17

I prefer Spencer Scott too.

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 11:04:30

Excellent Twiglett! Our ds is called Alexander - after Xander...!!

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 11:05:19

Excellent Twiglett! Our ds is called Alexander - after Xander...!!

dot1 Fri 19-Dec-03 11:07:42

oops again...

twiglett Fri 19-Dec-03 11:11:03

message withdrawn

handlemecarefully Fri 19-Dec-03 11:14:06

After watching Spike die heroically in the episode of Buffy last night, perhaps it might be a fitting tribute to name ds Spike??? - but then again, perhaps not! (I do like Alexander though Dot!)

Keep those votes coming. My dh would prefer Scott Spencer, and I would prefer Spencer Scott so we probably will be using the outcome of this thread to help us decide amicably - thus maintaining marital harmony!

GeorginaA Fri 19-Dec-03 11:14:23

Currently thinking (well me anyway, still have to run it past dh ):

Beatrice Elizabeth
or
Benjamin Matthew

bossykate Fri 19-Dec-03 11:15:42

i love beatrice elizabeth!

what do people think of zara? i'm keen on that one at the moment.

handlemecarefully Fri 19-Dec-03 11:16:08

GeorginaA,

I love Benjamin Matthew....Beatrice Elizabeth could grow on me

GeorginaA Fri 19-Dec-03 11:16:32

Oh I think Spencer Scott sounds best btw

twiglett Fri 19-Dec-03 11:16:53

message withdrawn

GeorginaA Fri 19-Dec-03 11:23:01

Of course Beatrice Elizabeth gets extra brownie points because Beatrice is a family name in dh's family I didn't know when I chose it (as an option for last time around but had ds, lol) - I just picked it because I like the name and the shortenings and the initials didn't spell anything bad!

Cavy Fri 19-Dec-03 11:32:56

Dislike both Spencer and Scott (sorry!). Although Spencer Tracey was sexy....
Of the boy names mentioned so far, I like Isaac, Oliver & Sebastian best. Joe is very good, too, GT.
I'm keeping my choices to myself... don't want anybody else to pinch them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: